Wanted - Used/working Sprectrum Transmitters for TEMAC Flight Training Program

Started by bweaver, May 29, 2018, 08:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

The following is another plea from your TEMAC Chief Flight Instructor.

Last Wednesday evening we had a number Air Cadets from the 246 Air Cadet Squadron's model airplane club join us, to learn how to fly.  They have a nice radio and one high wing Cub type trainer that will be suitable for flight instruction purposes.  We now have two Mentors and an Apprentice which we can now use for flight instruction purposes.

As you are most likely aware, there would be nothing more disappointing than for a student to come out for flight instruction, only to discover that their aircraft may not be flight worthy, or they encounter problems at the field which ground them for the evening...  To avoid or minimize these experiences I am trying to have a couple of flight ready training aircraft, batteries and transmitters available to assist students on Wednesday evenings. I am requesting the donation of any working Spectrum transmitters (suitable for use as a buddy box) and any working (reasonably safe batteries) you may have that can be offered for use in the club's flight training program.

If you have such planes, parts, batteries, or transmitters hanging around that you are unlikely to use, please consider donating them to this worthy cause.

(I promise, I will not turn them into Warwing components or used in this manner, as some suspect...) :)

Thanks,
Bruce (CFI)

Frank v B

Bruce,

We have the Club Apprentice donated to us by Malcolm Cullen.  It comes complete, fully repaired and ready for TX and battery.  It is in my possession and can be used any way you wish.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Thanks @Frank v B .  I had made reference to that in the other day's topic about requesting planes for training purposes.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6616.msg43407.html#msg43407

It would be appreciated if you can bring the Apprentice on Wednesday evenings.  We can make other arrangements as well if necessary.

I am now requesting the donation of working transmitters that members no longer use.  The transmitters are necessary to supplement the aircraft we have now available for use during student nights.  For example, I have my two radios that are being used for training already.  Paul is sharing one for use as his buddy box and I cycle it once he lands for use with my other transmitter to get the Mentor in the air.   In many instances, other instructors are thoughtfully  lending their personal transmitters for student use to accommodate this need as well.  I know the students appreciate this.

We really could benefit from additional transmitters to get all the students in the air. 

Please let me assure you and others, that these planes and radios will/are being used solely to ensure students get the most stick time they can in the event their aircraft or radio becomes incapacitated during flight instruction night, or to help groups of young students (like the Cadets or multiple children families) who have to share one plane of their own for flight instruction. 

During training nights we only have 2 to 3 hours at the most of evening light available for flight instruction.  Help us make the most of it.

Frank v B

Bruce,

OK! twist my arm.  I will lend/lease my DX 5i transmitter to you for the season.  The season's lease price is one Timbit. ;)  Start taking up a collection now. :D :D

Sorry I could not make it out to the field tonight.  I was stuck in the west end south of the blasted Eglinton subway construction (Dufferin and St Clair.).  Will get the Apprentice to you.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Excellent!  Thanks Frank  :) 

We missed you this evening.  Good luck at the races in Orangeville.

Bruce

BJROB

Hi Bruce,
As a ground crew, knowing the direct needs on Wednesday night
you can use lend lease my DX 5e transmitter for the season
to help you out for training.
its one of them easy to hook up/bind transmitters 
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

bweaver

That is super @BJROB , and much appreciated.  Please identify your radio permanently with your name so that it can get back to you when ever necessary. I will do my best to look after the radio on your behalf. 

My goal is to have two radios per training plane that are bound, trimmed and ready to go.  (We can often use the student's batteries to promptly get the substitute trainer into the air.) Ground crew and instructors will have access to these planes during student nights and at other times when necessary. 

Let's support the newbies so that they don't loose out on valuable stick time.  Give it some thought.  Thanks, Bruce

bweaver

Quote from: bweaver on May 31, 2018, 10:16:02 AM
That is super @BJROB , and much appreciated.  Please identify your radio permanently with your name so that it can get back to you when ever necessary. I will do my best to look after the radio on your behalf. 

My goal is to have two radios per training plane that are bound, trimmed and ready to go.  (We can often use the student's batteries to promptly get the substitute trainer into the air.) Ground crew and instructors will have access to these planes during student nights and at other times when necessary. 

Let's support the newbies so that they don't loose out on valuable stick time.  Give it some thought.  Thanks, Bruce

Thanks to Oscar's latest donation of an Apprentice with floats, 2 radios and some replacement parts our training program now has two fully functional training aircraft ready to go, should student aircraft difficulties arise at a session. 

At this time, having a total of 4 planes and two fully equipped with two transmitters each, I no longer require any further donations to the program.

By all means, please hold on to what you have should you wish to donate to our wings program in the future.  (I have no more room.)

Thanks to Vadim and Oscar for their generous support in giving back to TEMAC's wings program.

sihinch

Bruce - thank you for being such an awesome ambassador of our flight training program and organizing these donations.

Thank you to everyone who has donated items to our club. It's this kind of generosity and kindness that makes our club so special.

I truly appreciate your contributions - both material and spiritual.