Sun. June 3 Pylon races- Orangeville

Started by Frank v B, May 31, 2018, 11:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Ken,

re: "I could do the racing matix so that Frank and Andy are racing a couple of round."

Andy would really get value for money ($/seconds) out of this plane. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

I think I would prefer FPV if I'm going to be flying at 120 knots!  I could even take @Frank v B for a low pass over the Amaranth field so he could choose his favourite planting spots!!

Andy  8)

Polecat

Quote from: Polecat on June 03, 2018, 09:18:49 PM
Hi Guys
A great day of racing and fun times, thanks for coming up to Orangeville, you guys are all getting better at flying the course. I have been watching all the heats and the times are coming down.
I will post the race results tomorrow, going off to bed this old guys is pretty pooched.

Ken

E F 1 Race Results June 3 Orangeville

Cory Paine             16 Pts.        FT. 1:09
Glenn Nikolaiko      15                    1:32
Dave Ford              14                    1:20
Simon Hinchcliffe    14                    1:34
Michael Rogozinsky  14                   1:48
Ken Fluney              12                   1:21
Frank V                   10                   1:41
Rick Paine                 8                   1:16
Mike Baker                8                   1:22

As you can see everyone's times have come down from last years racing. This race we had a few mishaps Rick Paine lost a Dara { now has a replacement thanks to me}, Frank, Michael and Simon had a few issues, Dave Ford had a bad take off and crashed, but the only damage was to the spinner and prop, Mike Baker had a aileron servo gear go and had to with draw.
If anyone needs a E F 1 plane, I still have another Dara and a used Polecat. Also planning to bring in a new Outrageous ARF {all white covering}. I have a couple of E F 1 kits in stock, an Outrageous and a Wagner Solution, these would be a good winter build.
Our next two races are in Sept. 9 and 30, hope everyone has a great summer. Where are the Hazelton brothers???

Ken

bweaver

Great showing TEMAC racers!!!!!! 

How did @Frank v B move up to 3rd last?  :-*

Michael

For the record, everyone listed below my name (in the above post) is a better and faster flyer than me.

The rules heavily penalize those that crash and don't have a back-up plane.

... but it just goes to show, you don't have to be that great to participate.

Thanks again to Corey for helping me in each race.

I had a great time!

Michael

cpaine

It was a pretty good day! you guys are getting faster every time! Micheal went ahead and got his fastest time to date! Slick!
My dad had an oops in the his race with me, that sucked. bye bye Dara.
My new lil'Toni is singing!!!.....And i think i turned my fastest time with Simon calling for me?! thanks Simon!
Aaand Simon has also found the course, setting good times and getting wins! look out everyone!!

Thanks again all for a great race, and good times!
I'd like to thank my sponsors... my wife, and Beer...

Cheers
Cory

PS-there was a few cameras out there, i would like to see some more pics... I usually take a bunch but forgot. just the one of me afterwards with my Toni.
I would like to do a post on RCCanada.
maac #26951

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"How did @Frank v B move up to 3rd last?  :-*"

Sometimes I screw up and end up in a better place. ;)

Cory, notice no "still ugly" comment from Simon.  He would have to change it to "still fast" ;D

Frank

sihinch

cpaine

maac #26951

sihinch

cpaine

maac #26951

Frank v B

Hey Cory,

re: Simon's  "He's fast. But ugly!"

You missed your chance to get back at Simon for his comment so I will do it on your behalf.

Simon: "He's slow... butt ugly!!" ;D

Frank

ps: Cory, stop being so darn polite. :D

cpaine

Geez, i thought my "I'm half British"  comment was pretty good! Austin powers and everything! .... I only have so many rounds in the chamber!
My other half is Italian... thats where the speed comes from!

On a racing note, I noticed there was a 3 way tie for 3rd?  thats cool! and Glen took 2nd. Congrats Glen!
maac #26951

sihinch

Next time the TEMAC Boys are coming in costume! Be warned.

Here is a photo of the full group.....

Frank v B

Simon,

About the costume.

Glenn and I were commenting that next time we should show up as the contractor(s) from the YMCA Village People.  We have to wear the hard hats anyways. ;D ;D

Frank

I just saw the video.  Oops!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNgM-n4DzE