Saturday June 9th, unoffical Warwing race

Started by sihinch, June 04, 2018, 12:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Who wants to bring a warwing out on Saturday for some fun racing?

Why don't we hold some informal "races" throughout the afternoon?  :D

We could even do some combat too?  ;D

Michael

If the weather is decent, I'll be there!!!!!!!
Michael

bweaver

Do I really have to reply to this?  Will I be there?  :P

With bells on, you bet I will!  At least there will be 3 racers so far.

@sihinch is this proposed as an afternoon activity?

sihinch

I will be there from 1ish. But that doesn't mean you can't race before that!?

Canuke

I'll be there as well with the same warwing that took down Bruce's in case we have another combat. I've put a notch on it (actually it's a real notch where it hit Bruce's wing). I don't plan to repair it in case he wants to see how little damage he caused when we hit.

VadimKirillov

I accept the challenge!!! Fair warning, I have won last weekend races full lap ahead of everyone else.

bweaver

@VadimKirillov It's great how we you have built up your confidence to compete.  (I am also glad to see you actually believe you won.)  According to the rules, you have to win twice for us to believe you did it.  We are also going to have lap counters for every plane as well.

I love a rematch!  ::)

Michael

Great fun!

There were 2 races of 4, and then a final of the top 4 racers.

Bruce won!

... and then, combat!  ;D
Michael

bweaver

Yes it was great fun and more happened than just what Michael has reported.

Vadim almost won the first heat, however his attempt was recorded as a DNF (did not finish).  His official lap count resulted in a tally 7.5 laps.  Only a half lap more and he would have one.  At the next races, if he finishes, he will definitely be competitive.

We had two heats with 4 racers in each.  I came in second behind Michael in the first heat.  First and second place contenders from each of the 2 heats had a very competitive final race, resulting in my victory, followed by Michael.  Say no more.

And then there was combat... Glenn's plane managed to recover from a minor flesh wound, but was still able to fly with about a 1/4 of its wing missing.  Then the final combat challenge was offered up and Glenn avoided receivibng the chicken award by managing a quick repair and a loner battery.

There were lots of people out yesterday flying, with all kinds of planes between heats of Warwing racing and Warwing combat challenges.

Moshe brought out his beautiful B 17 Bomber.  He had partnered with Michael in making it airworthy.  Then Michael successfully maidened it.  It flew as nicely as it looked.

Frank v B

re: Michael's "... and then, combat!  ;D"

The Sunday morning crew (Graham, Rick and YT) arrived and found the results of all the carnage.

- 10 feet of pink ribbon flapping in the breeze.  Must have been Bruce's ;D
- prop bits off the south end of the runway
- blue foam.  Can't be Bruce's because it looked too pristine. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on June 10, 2018, 03:57:37 PM
re: Michael's "... and then, combat!  ;D"

The Sunday morning crew (Graham, Rick and YT) arrived and found the results of all the carnage.

- 10 feet of pink ribbon flapping in the breeze.  Must have been Bruce's ;D
- prop bits off the south end of the runway
- blue foam.  Can't be Bruce's because it looked too pristine. :D

Frank

@Frank v B

The 10 feet of 'manly salmon' ribbon was Michaels.  Yes, Michael and I are not afraid of flying any colour of streamers.

The prop bits and blue foam likely belonged to Vadim.

Frank, you might as well have predicted it was Col. Mustard in the ballroom with a baseball bat.  :-*

By the way, did you get your crop in today?

Frank v B

Bruce,

re"By the way, did you get your crop in today?"

I am still at the planting stage.  Andy and I don't harvest our crop of balsa until the fall. :)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Quote from: bweaver on June 10, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
We had two heats with 4 racers in each.  I came in second behind Michael in the first heat. 

This is what happened to the other 2 racers from the first heat, on the final turn of the final lap!

bweaver

@sihinch But it looks worse than it really was... I recall both planes flew afterwards with little impact from the impact.  Neither plane was deserving of a replacement kit.  Better luck or unluck next time!   :P

sihinch

It did inspire me to finish my backup warwing and start my Racing Warwing build!!!!

Watch out!