Flying Sunday June 10

Started by Frank v B, June 08, 2018, 06:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Simon is trying to rally the troops for Saturday.... but I'm a working stiff and have to work all day Saturday.  So much for slowing down at work.

Who's going flying Sunday??? I'll be there from about 10 am to 1 pm.  Caffeine top-up at Tim's Woodbine at 9:30 am then go to the field for 10 am.

Frank "Mr. Sunday"
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 08, 2018, 06:08:40 PM
Simon is trying to rally the troops for Saturday.... but I'm a working stiff and have to work all day Saturday.  So much for slowing down at work.

Who's going flying Sunday??? I'll be there from about 10 am to 1 pm.  Caffeine top-up at Tim's Woodbine at 9:30 am then go to the field for 10 am.

Frank "Mr. Sunday"

Dear @Frank v B "Mr. Sunday",

I would dearly love to be there today... just for you.  But alas, I am a family stiff, and have to be on duty for my son's 33rd birthday party and BBQ at our home.  Have a great day of planting!!  8)

Your buddy,

Andy

Frank v B

Poor Andy.  Has to stay at home and babysit his son. ;D

Look at poor Graham giving the arrestor grass a little buzz cut in front of the pilot stations.

Frank

sihinch

Are you sure that's not Graham's foam detector?

Frank v B

Simon,

re: "Are you sure that's not Graham's foam detector?"

Could be.  He was wearing a sign on his back that said "haircuts $5.00".  We all ran like hell. ;D

Frank

Andy Hoffer

So @Oscar , with the big realistic undercarriage and monster tundra tires, how were the landings out in the beans?!! (You obviously don't need a fabric runway, or even a grass strip!) 8)

Andy

Oscar

Thank you @Richard_RC_Guy and Carlos for taking the photos and help me maiden the GT. 

@Andy Hoffer - I haven't try it yet nor I am interested to do so.  I am hoping to land on grass or to the runway.

@Gil.E  - Thank you for printing the 3D tail wheel bracket for me.  It holds quite well. 

With the strong cross wind from the East, the GT handles it very well.  The GT is capable to run on 4S and 6S. My maiden flight is running on 4S/4000mah.  It has flaps and bright nav. lights.  The build is straight forward but there are few QC issues (bolts size, screws missing, weak tail bracket etc).  I also installed the bigaole flight stabilizer controller.  Maiden flight took off in manual model.  Not a single trim is needed and it balanced it well (or maybe it's the cross wind balance my plane.)  I tried the self-leveling (it has an option to turn on/off) function for a moment and it's works.  I didn't try the RTH function but will try in the future.
Landing was a bit bouncy but I am used to that on my old Tundra.  It's better to land on grass than on the runway.

The GT comes with FPV canopy.  This is where the bigaole flight stabilizer comes in handy.  With the stabilzer, I am hoping to use it while FPV.  The RTH will be used if I lost the video or radio signal (hopefully I will never use this function)

I did order the floats and will be used for the float fly event.  ;)

Michael

Quote from: Oscar on June 11, 2018, 08:56:20 PM
  This is where the bigaole flight stabilizer comes in handy. 

We don't allow big a-ole's in TEMAC.

;D
Michael

Oscar