Canadian Cub Fun Fly (not the Canadian Club Fun Fly)

Started by bweaver, June 15, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

That's right, it is CUB not CLUB. 

It is TEMAC's first Canadian Cub Fun Fly.  We are going to celebrate Canada's 151st birthday by having a fun fly.

Here's the type of aircraft you could bring in order to qualify to attend this upcoming fantastic event.

CUB TYPE QUALIFIER
A highly detailed scale PIPER CUB or a not-so-detailed Cub.
If you don't have a CUB of any sort, any 'yellow aircraft' will do.
If you don't have a CUB or a 'yellow aircraft', any 'high-wing aircraft' will do.
If you don't have a CUB, 'yellow aircraft' or 'high-wing aircraft' any aircraft with a wing or two will do.

CANADIAN HERITAGE TYPE QUALIFIER
Any model of a full-size aircraft designed or built in Canada, or bearing Canadian civilian or military markings.
Failing that, any model airplane that is red and white, or red or white, or at least has a maple leaf on it somewhere! (Green or other fall colors are also permitted)

Unfortunately if you don't have a plane that can meet the minimum qualifications described above, I pity you.  However, so that you don't stay home by yourself and miss out on this fantastic fun fly, bring out whatever type of model airplane you have to the field. (We will see if we can make an exception, just for you.)

As you can see, there should be no excuses for TEMAC members not attending.

More details about the fun fly will be forthcoming as the countdown begins.

ONLY 15 MORE DAYS TO GO

Ededge2002

https://youtu.be/pG0yq2ATWbc

As Bruce has left this pretty open ended to qualify I can't believe there aren't more replies here.  When I first started reading I thought I'd have to buy a Cub to attend.   Imagine...  me flying a  C U B!!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Wingnutz

Ed,
Hmmm, a Cub with 500w/lb....hmmm
No problem "qualifying" and if anybody could fly it, you probably could. The traditional Cub touch and go would be interesting...
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Wingnutz

Bruce,
Thanks for giving the day a push. I'll PM

BILL
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

Michael

bweaver

Frank v B

Somebody finally got a video of Andy attempting straight and level circuits after a take-off and then a proper landing.  A few rough edges but Andy should have it down pat by the time he reaches 90 years of age.  Never give up Andy.  You'll get it done.... someday. ;D ;D ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 19, 2018, 08:16:36 PM
Somebody finally got a video of Andy attempting straight and level circuits after a take-off and then a proper landing.  A few rough edges but Andy should have it down pat by the time he reaches 90 years of age.  Never give up Andy.  You'll get it done.... someday. ;D ;D ;)

Frank

Hi @Frank v B ,
I'm sure I could get it right if you came flying on Hoff-Air to coach me!!!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

No insurance company will ever let us fly together!! :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on June 19, 2018, 10:40:17 PM
Andy,

No insurance company will ever let us fly together!! :)

Frank

Hi @Frank v B,

Pity!  We look so good together in headsets!!

Andy