Working on my new plane .....

Started by Michael, June 19, 2018, 10:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I bought this at the Aurora swap meet, and am in the process of converting it to electric, and installing radio, etc.

I had to cut open the fuselage and fin.

More work than I thought, but it's coming along nicely.

Michael

Bigstik

Bigstik

BJROB

It's a pusher and it looks like it will float
With the wing above the rather large fuse
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Michael

Michael

Michael

Ready!

I may bring it out later today, if the rain stops, for a maiden flight.

E-Flite 32 brushless motor; 11/7 3-blade prop; 60 amp ESC, 4S-500mAh battery pack, approx. 600 watts at full throttle.

I hope that's enough power to take off without wheels.

Michael

Frank v B

Michael,

What a way to be able to fly at Bruce's yellow plane day without yellow.  Your entry ticket is the RCAF roundels.... and the fact that it flies. :D
It is a neat design by Laddie.  Timeless.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Looking good.  I hope to see it flying this evening. 

The weather appears to be improving....

Michael

The maiden flight went perfectly. The plane is very smooth. Power is adequate for a nice flight and a few rolls, but I may go to a higher voltage battery pack (5S lipo).

I knocked the tail off on the second flight during a hard touch-n-go, but that's being repaired now.

Oscar took this photo after the maiden flight.
Michael

sihinch

Michael

Michael

Michael

Thanks Oscar, great video.

I figured out why the rudder broke off; it was protruding down too much, about an eighth of an inch, and it ripped off during the 'bounce'

I'll make a small sub fin to protect it, from now on, otherwise, it could happen on regular landings too.
Michael

Wingnutz

Michael, Oscar,
Spectacular! Loved the flying, video and music! Congratulations, both of you! The tailess (tailless?) go part of the touch and go must have been fun! I assume the h stab and elevator stayed on?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Bigstik

Bigstik