Chris Fernando Achieves Solo Privileges

Started by bweaver, June 20, 2018, 10:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Chris Fernando (@SeeFernando ) is the first student pilot this season to achieve 'solo privileges'.  In accordance with TEMAC's flight program, flying solo is a major milestone on the way to earning your MAAC wings.  After demonstrating care, control and responsibility when operating a model aircraft, a student RC Pilot may be asked by an instructor to fly solo, without buddy-box instruction and verbal direction (i.e. the Instructor will observe and supervise from a distance.)  The Chief Flight Instructor (or their designate) shall approve permission to fly solo.  Once a student has been approved to fly solo, they may fly their training model at any time when an Instructor is present at the field.  Solo flights by student RC pilots must follow the MAAC Safety Code and TEMAC Rules.   

Many thanks to all of our flight instructors and ground crew who have made this happen.

Congratulations Chris!

Oscar

Frank v B

Poor Chris had to take me up 4 times tonight to teach me the finer points of flying and landing.  He has declared me ready to solo.... in a few weeks.

All kidding aside, he did a great job and nailed every take-off and landing and showed complete control... for all 4 flights. ;D

Yeah! ;)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

vicwhit

Great job, Chris. You earned it despite me trying to sabotage your airplane.

Vic
Do it while you can.

SeeFernando

Thanks Ya'll!

I really appreciate all of your time and effort that you put into teaching me thus far!

You're all awesome!
-Chris

sihinch