CANADIAN CUB FUN DAY is Today! Get out your plane(s) and fly!

Started by bweaver, June 21, 2018, 08:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Thanks Bruce, that was amazing!

Lots of fun!

Hot, but lots of fun!
Michael

Frank v B

BRUCE,

Thanks for a great day and for giving me permission to post this.  ;) ;D   Fun all the way.  Good turnout.  Great to see Bill Q. at this event.

Some photos from today's event.

Note the photo of Andy signing Vadim's daughter's book.  The book is now worthless! ;D  Negative provenance! ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

So Bruce was kind enough to select the prize for me... and wrote on it "even Frank could build it"  Now that is confidence in my disabilities.  ;D

A great day for TEMAC.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on July 01, 2018, 07:46:05 PM
So Bruce was kind enough to select the prize for me... and wrote on it "even Frank could build it"  Now that is confidence in my disabilities.  ;D

A great day for TEMAC.

Frank

I can't wait to see @Frank v B's 4-channel electric conversion of this!!   8)

Andy

Michael

A few photos ....
Michael

Michael

More ...
Michael

bweaver

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on July 01, 2018, 08:57:24 PM
Quote from: Frank v B on July 01, 2018, 07:46:05 PM

A great day for TEMAC.

Frank

I can't wait to see @Frank v B's 4-channel electric conversion of this!!   8)

Andy

@Andy Hoffer , Yes @Frank v B will likely make the conversion and it will fly.  I like to see Frank keeping busy.  He can stay out of trouble that way. 

I had a great day out there with everyone.  What a competitive bunch. Was it warm, or was it just the competition?

Great photos.

It was so nice to see Michael compete again with his reconstructed Cub.  A beautiful plane.  It had a tough go at last year's Cub Fun Day.  I am pleased to report that there was no serious damage this year.

Everyone's skills have improved considerably from last year.  :-X Especially Frank's. (I'm not referring to your flying skills.)

Congratulations to the winners, First Place - Vadim, Second Place - Glenn and Third Place was Frank.  Congratulations to everyone else for trying...

I will post the full results as soon as I clean out the car tomorrow and find them.

Ededge2002

So nice to see the club active and full of smiles!  I did get out and fly today in Ottawa in honour of the funfly and think I placed 3.5th place or just ahead of Simon where ever he placed LOL.

Nice job on the pictures and the picture in picture concept was a fantastic idea!  Really made me feel I had been there.  Thanks for posting

TEMAC east
Ed
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

You should've seen my fast low pass @Ededge2002 - even I was pleased with it!!!  8)

We missed you, Ed. But it gave us all a chance to win!!!  ;D

Super fun times. Thanks so much Bruce and your helpers!  :-*

bweaver

@sihinch I had to share this video flyby that somewhat resembles yours from yesterday.  Unfortunately we were just missing the beach though.  But the TEMAC crowd was just as awed by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ba2wWgc8cU

Frank v B

re: Blue Angels flyby

Just a montage of Vic's high-alpha limbo and Simon's scream-by with his leaf blower except with matching planes. :)

Frank

ps: count how many sunshades were destroyed.  AirForce complaint dept. operator "We didn't do it. We didn't touch them.  It must have been a local microburst".

bweaver

Official Results of the Cheers or Jeers Challenge

Cub type aircraft

We had seven Cub type aircraft competing.  The competitors included:

Michael and Richard who did not finish.  Michael had some landing gear problems on the Touch and Go Challenge and Richard came down somewhat gently on his approach to the touch and go.  His touch was way too early and permanent.

Vadim had a perfect flight maintaining all of his starting 75 Points.  First Place

Glenn had a perfect flight except for failing to hit the touch and go spot.  This resulted in a loss of 10 points.   65 Points.  Second Place.

Frank vB missed out on the limbo and the touch and go losing 20 points.  55 Points. Third Place.  (Jeers)

Adam and Bruce each ended up losing 30 points each. Both missed a loop, the limbo and the touch and go.  45 Points (Adam's 50 Yard Dash was faster than mine by 2.65 Seconds) 

There were no Canadian Heritage type model aircraft competing. 

In the Unlimited category, (sucks to be you category - get a cub) there were only three aircraft competing.

Vic was flying a 3D type foamy aircraft.  Unfortunately his battery crapped out, so he did not finish the challenge.

Julian and Simon both lost 10 points each and tied with 40 points each.  (Remember you started with 50 points) No, neither one of your planes looked at all similar to a Cub, or to a Canadian Heritage Type aircraft.  Simon did however get the fastest 50 Yard Dash time at 5.88 seconds, followed by Vic with 6.66.

Remember, there is lots of time to practice between now and the next Canadian Cub Funfly.

Wingnutz

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

I protest, Sir! Even though I know Bruce's decision is final....

A De Havilland Vampire in Canadian military markings is surely a Canadian Heritage Aircraft!????  :o

"CANADIAN HERITAGE TYPE QUALIFIER
Any model of a full-size aircraft designed or built in Canada, or bearing Canadian civilian or military markings. "

bweaver

Well!  I must admit that I had not truely finalized my decision.  I have trouble recognizing a Canadian Heritage Aircraft when it is staring me right in the face.

No wonder Frank was so quick to jump forward, to be the stand in judge while I flew my round with a Cub. 

As a result of this latest challenge, I have great pleasure now stripping @Frank v B of his Third Place ribbon and the magnificent 3rd place prize that he so cuvets. 

Frank, I declare Simon has won Third Place.   (Everyone saw you insist on demanding change back from your [u]bribe[/u] contribution. I am sure there is even photos.)

@sihinch , go get your prize and ribbon. 

Once you have them, we will rewrite history with photos and Cheers hopefully this Wednesday evening.  I love this!

My decision is really close to be final now!