CANADIAN CUB FUN DAY is Today! Get out your plane(s) and fly!

Started by bweaver, June 21, 2018, 08:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: "My decision is really close to be final now!"

So if you charged me $80 for third place, how much more did Simon have to pay you to take my place? ;)  Andy will probably post the photo if he ever figures out how to download his Instamatic.

re: "No wonder Frank was so quick to jump forward, to be the stand in judge while I flew my round with a Cub."    You have confused the other me (the eager volunteer) versus the "me" the fierce competitor (::))

I only judged your flight and Vic's and had nothing to do with Simon's flight.  I was in the safety under the tent of the peanut gallery when Simon flew.

Guys.  It is open season on Bruce.  Meet with your bankers (your wives) and buy your places. ;D ;D

All kidding aside, it was a great day and Bruce ran a great event.   I will gladly relinquish my 3rd place ribbon to a wealthier better flyer.  The writing on the prize has already been changed.  See photo.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Well, as it happens, I was going to ask @Frank v B  to build the 3rd place prize anyway - I'd saved some of the bribe donation money for just that cause!  ;D

It was a superb day, and I'm so glad everyone had so much fun.  @bweaver you were a real Champion yesterday.

I just wanted to make sure the rules were being followed by the person that wrote them!!!! All I want is bragging rights and a corruption free club!  ;D

bweaver

I can't believe how amicable the members of this club can be. 

I guess at the least Simon read the rules and discussed the next steps with Frank solely to avoid the potential humiliation of going to Hula Hoop stage of the contest used to decide a tie.   You see the times achieved in the 50 yard dash challenge aren't comparable between classes of aircraft in the Challenge.  That just wouldn't be fair.

Please refer to the rules where it clearly states:

Winner Determination:

The challenge Judge will document the performance of each participant, based upon the crowds Cheers or Jeers.
Once all competitors have competed the challenge, the scores will be tallied.
In the event of a tie involving points, the fastest time in 50 meter take off dash will be declared the winner.
In the event, there still is a tie, there will be a Hula Hoop competition held to determine the winner, once again, in this instance the winner will be determined by the crowds Cheers or Jeers.

@sihinch Re: I just want to make sure the rules were being followed by the person that wrote them!!!! All I want is bragging rights and a corruption free club!

I am following the rules of the challenge.  You may not have your bragging rights yet.

@Frank v B  Re: re: "My decision is really close to be final now!"

So if you charged me $80 for third place, how much more did Simon have to pay you to take my place? ;)  Andy will probably post the photo if he ever figures out how to download his Instamatic.

My decision is still not finalized.  I think Andy and others are really going to get their cameras out for the next stage of the challenge should it have to go that far.  What would both of you pay to get out of this one?

Can you imagine Frank and Simon doing the Hula Hoop challenge to determine the third place winner?  What a terrifying thought.  I could really look forward to this...

Any thoughts from the true judges?

bweaver

Re: "Any thoughts from the true judges?"

The true judges response for feedback was truly deafening. 

As a result, I had taken the matter into my own hands and confronted @Frank v B on Wednesday night to retrieve @sihinch 's prize and 3rd place ribbon awarded to Frank inadvertently at the fun fly.  (The Hulla Hoop contest will have to wait for next year's Fun Cub Day.)  Simon, your prize and ribbon will be awarded to you the next time we meet at the field.

(You are a good sport Frank, but now go and wipe those tears away.  Better luck next year... )  :-*

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Better fair than square.  :D 

As I said, wipe away those tears @Frank v B:'(

Andy Hoffer

Hi Guys,

Just topping up the photo gallery for the July 1 Canada Cub Day.  (You can never have too many photos of @Frank v B and @bweaver !!)

http://temac.ca/?p=15566

Enjoy!  Derogatory remarks welcome!!   8)

Andy