Warbird Day 07/22

Started by battlestu, July 16, 2018, 02:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on July 22, 2018, 08:30:09 AM
Andy's Alpha-Bet Soup again.

For those of us who have never taken a course in Airport hieroglyphics that report means nothing to me.  I do understand "It's raining, stupid". ;D

Frank

@Frank v B ,

I may (do) call you many things, but never "stupid" (especially when there are so many better words to choose from in my Thesaurus!)   8)

"Wx Man" Andy

battlestu

Hi all lets call this one a wash out and try again next week.

Sorry for the short notice but i was hopeful the weather forecasters would be wrong about today's weather.

Thanks
Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

Quote from: battlestu on July 22, 2018, 09:42:33 AM

Sorry for the short notice but i was hopeful the weather forecasters would be wrong about today's weather.

Thanks
Greg
Thanks Greg,
Saturday or Sunday next week?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Frank v B

Four of us met at Woodbine Tim's and dreamed about flying.  We consumed coffee instead.  Richard, Andy, Greg H. and I had a perfectly fine time.
Rain, Rain, go away..... and never come back!! ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

Maybe we should of changed it to a float fly.... sun-brella optional   
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

battlestu

Hi Bill... i was thinking of next Sunday. (I've also updated the calendar... not sure how to link it in the forum so i took a screenshot)

thanks
Greg

Quote from: Wingnutz on July 22, 2018, 09:51:25 AM
Quote from: battlestu on July 22, 2018, 09:42:33 AM

Thanks
Greg
Thanks Greg,
Saturday or Sunday next week?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on July 22, 2018, 04:19:29 PM
Four of us met at Woodbine Tim's and dreamed about flying.  We consumed coffee instead.  Richard, Andy, Greg H. and I had a perfectly fine time.
Rain, Rain, go away..... and never come back!! ;)

Frank

@Frank v B showed the clientele at Tim's that he is a true master of the indoor fun fly!  His low pass  over the donuts was amazing!!  :D

Andy

Wingnutz

Greg,
Thanks for Sunday...Sunday should work. I'd really like to come to this event but Tim Hortons in Bobcaygeon is a lot closer than Tim Hortons in Stouffville or Gormley.

battlestu

Hi all... just a reminder that the forecast for Sunday's warbird event is looking very good (much better than last weekend :) )

....and if the weather wasn't a reason to come out. A generous donor has offered this awesome WWII print of Johny Johnson in combat. It is in a nice pewter colour frame which doesn't show here and includes an authentic RCAF set of 'Wings' inset in the mat.

So bring out those warbirds and "best in show" will take this home!
We'll explain more what "best in show" is at the piot's meeting Sunday at the event.

Thanks
Greg

Frank v B

Oh, Darn.  Can't make it Sunday the 29th.  Attending it would not be wise for me.  Our 40th wedding anniversary... if I make it another 3 days.  Will be thinking of you. :( :'(

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on July 26, 2018, 09:15:02 PM
Oh, Darn.  Can't make it Sunday the 29th.  Attending it would not be wise for me.  Our 40th wedding anniversary... if I make it another 3 days.  Will be thinking of you. :( :'(

Frank

I wonder how deep @Frank v B would get planted if he missed his 40th!!  (We all know that you have to earn credits before going to the flying field!) 8)

Happy Anniversary good buddy.  A real testament to Cynthia's triathlon-like stamina and endurance!!

Andy

Wingnutz

Thanks for the update Greg and congratulations Frank! Wishing you many more!
Greg, that framed print looks awesome!

battlestu

to get everyone ready for this weekend's event:

https://youtu.be/sgSrpd3MxY4

Wingnutz

Wow! Can't match Greg's vid for excitement, but here's my pic shot from my yard at about noon today and titled "Thirty Seconds Over Bobcaygeon"
It's an American B-25 visiting Peterborough heading S over Pigeon Lake...a fitting good omen for Warbirds Day...BTW, next week we get the B-29 FiFi

bweaver

A nice Warbirds day with friends and flying.  (In that order) 

I had more time to share with friends because my transmitter battery went too low on me...  Only had a couple of flights early on with my Sopwith Triplane.  But I guess if the number of wings count for anything, I tripled my pleasure.

The rain held off for most of the afternoon.  We had a few cracks of thunder and a couple of bolts of lightning that got everyone scurrying to take down the sun shades.

Graham did a fine job of BBQing and the rest of us had a fine time enjoying his tube steaks, done to perfection.

Rob Dickinson won the most 'courageous flier' and brought home the beautiful print that had been anonymously donated as a prize for today's event.

I have provided a few pictures below.  I am sure there will be many more because there was lots of activity.

As you can see, the mosquitoes were quite heavy today.  Flying right through Bill's left ear and out his right.