Maiden flight - FW Avanti S

Started by Oscar, July 31, 2018, 12:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

This is the FreeWing Avanti S 80mm runs on 6s 5500mah 70C.  After Jeff helped me trim the first flight (Thanks Jeff  :D), I went ahead and fly solo.  Take off with half flaps and it went quite well.  However, on landing didn't goes well. The jet came in too slow and too high. It's not necessary to put full flaps for my landing. I must admit this plane is tough.  Only the canopy came off.  For my other planes, it definitely needs some major repair.

Now that I know more about the character of this plane, on my remaiden flight, I stay on with some power to land and I use grass to help me slow more on landing.  The result is great. 

For modd, I added the front landing gear lights as well the afterburner effect.  Flying it at sunset is perfect to show off those lights.  ;D

p.s. Thanks Bill Q for sharing your settings.  It really help.

Jeff had helped me in the past on the Yak, BAE Hawk and now the Avanti S.  He said this is by far the best EDF jet I own.  Although I still prefer my Yak which is lighter weight for me. 
And comparing with BAE Hawk and Avanti.  For scale flying, BAE Hawk is much better but in terms of handling and speed, I do agree, the Avanti is much better (probably because this is a sport jet)

https://youtu.be/-xxioLk3PPw

bweaver

Beautiful Oscar.  It was great to see you fly it.  It was nice to see lots of people out last evening...

Wingnutz

Nice job Oscar! Nice smooth flying. Much better landing second time. Loved the afterburner light!
I've got about 10 flights on mine and I agree with Jeff...this is a great model...hands down the best out of the box model I've ever had. I'm flying mine on a 4500 mah 6S setup and absolutely love it. I try to fly it like Jeff flys his EDFs and the model is good enough that it makes me look a lot better than I really am.
Have fun...with the flying skills I saw you demonstrate at Warbird Day, you'll master this model in short order and make the short list for TEMAC's TOP GUN!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Oscar

Thank you Bill.  I wish I could say that.   :P   I am still learning every day. 

Wingnutz

Quote from: Oscar on July 31, 2018, 11:20:04 PM
Thank you Bill.  I wish I could say that.   :P   I am still learning every day.
Oscar, we're all learning from each other...everyday. Sometime, I'd like to learn how to put the afterburner in the back of my EDFs.
Cheers,
Bill
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!