Wonderful evening flight

Started by Oscar, August 02, 2018, 10:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

I had a wonderful time this evening flying with Richard, Gil and Carlos.  It was relaxing and fun.  Thank you Gil and Richard to allow me recording your flying footage. 

Note: Muted the music if found disturbing
https://youtu.be/xO-ffQqn4Tc

bweaver

@Oscar , another beautiful video and the sound didn't need muting.   :D

sihinch

Gil.E

@Oscar, Outstanding tracking job!
I tried shaking you off my tail with every evasive maneuver that hobbyking foamy is capable of, to no avail...

Let try cooperating next time around, and invent TPV flying (Third Person View):
I'll try flying my plane with my FPV goggles set on your chase-quad frequency, looking at my model from the outside rear view, and see how far we get.

The only drawback is the need for two spotters - but they can help recover my crashed glider from the field afterwards.

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

bweaver

Re: "The only drawback is the need for two spotters - but they can help recover my crashed glider from the field afterwards."

That's not a draw back; (2 things) 1- that's the law, MAAC and club rules, and 2 - it will work for your aircraft recovery as well!   ::)

Also, I must add that beans look so much nicer from the sky as illustrated in Oscar's video, than trying to walk through them looking for a downed plane.   :-\ 

Fly safe!

RogMason

Very nice video OSCAR! 
The evening sky looks wonderful and its ver😍y exciting to be chasing the other aircraft.
Great stuff!
'Roger That...'

Candu

Very nice video as usual, Oscar! Which quad were you flying and was the camera mounted on a gimbal?

Oscar

@Candu (Frank), I was flying ImmersionRC 230S Quad.  Camera is RunCam 3 (already discontinue, clone of Gopro Session).  There is no gyro mounted to the camera.  That evening, wind was about 7km/h S/W.  Both Richard and Gil flew it slow enough so I can captured their flight.