Flight Instruction August 1st is a "GO'

Started by bweaver, July 31, 2018, 09:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Hi!

Refer to the weather forecast below.  Looks somewhat promising.

I'll post again tomorrow morning to indicate if it is a 'go' or 'no go'.

OK @Frank v B - Will you be there regardless of the weather circumstances?  :P

Frank v B

No snow in the forecast so I will be there.  8)   If it rains, Tim's Woodbine.  Aiming for 5 pm.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

While the forecast is calling for a chance of showers (%40), I will be their by 6 p.m. for those students that want to give it a try.  The forecast for the past week most afternoons have been forecasting risks of thunderstorms with out materializing. 

Put on a happy face and join us at the field.  If we get wet, I have been assured we will not melt.  :P

sihinch

bweaver

@sihinch - But that's just a cat.  Oh yeh, and the Wicked Witch of the West is affected too, but not TEMAC members.

Oscar

Hot?  I rather enjoy today's weather than "The Winter Training and Fitness (WTF) program"  :P

Frank v B

Carnage at the field.  I have seen many "combat" sessions end up in planes twirling around the sky and nothing happens.  Tonight there was only one battle and there was definitely carnage.  All 3 planes were knocked out of the sky.  Vic's motor was cut off in midair and the plane did an amazing imitation of a falling leaf.  Found the motor, found the plane.  A few seconds later Simon and Bruce had a mid-air.  Bruce's plane was shredded.  Simon lost his battery so both of them fluttered down to rest on the beanbags of nature.

Tonight, the ribbons did not get cut.  Came to realize the ribbons are only to help the blind pilots locate the crash site of their planes. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

Would you like Bruce to give you some flying lessons?

Many people take flying lessons from our gracious CFI.  Buyer beware!! ;D

Frank

ps: Simon, that wooden prop you put on sure eats foam!  From the bite out of Bruce's starboard wing you can measure the prop diameter exactly. :D
Notice the bite out of Bruce's prop as well.

Frank v B

Carnage at Kennedy Road and Stouffvile Road as well.

Went westbound on Stouffville Road (from Hiway 48) at about 2:45 pm to go to the field.  About 1 km from the field had to move over to let Fire, Ambulance and Police by.  They were going to the crash at Kennedy and Stouffville.  At 3 pm, an Orange medical helicopter landed and took off about 10 minutes later.  The photo shows it at the radio towers behind our flight line.  Apparently a school bus and a van collided at the intersection  The photo of the intersection was taken from the entrance to the field before the helicopter flew off.

Frank

Oscar

Sorry, I got call into the meeting in the late afternoon.  By the time I came out, it's already 7:30pm. 

Looks so much fun... It reminds me I need to remaiden my War Wing after last year midair with Stephan H.  :)

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on August 01, 2018, 10:35:12 PM
Would you like Bruce to give you some flying lessons?

Many people take flying lessons from our gracious CFI.  Buyer beware!! ;D

Frank

ps: Simon, that wooden prop you put on sure eats foam!  From the bite out of Bruce's starboard wing you can measure the prop diameter exactly. :D
Notice the bite out of Bruce's prop as well.

Well @Frank v B , as 'they' say, "You get what you pay for..." 

My fee per lesson is very competitive and is consistent with yours and other flight instructors in the club.

(For those who care, this Combat event started before student time.)

@sihinch and @vicwhit Please note I will have two entirely new Warwings built and ready for future challenges. Their construction will be somewhat modified similar to Vic's, reinforced with plastic laminate, however instead of lightening holes consisting of cut out triangles, I will be bringing out my electric drill and hole cutter tool to speed up the lightening process.  I bet you can hardly wait to see how they perform.  I will start a new thread outlining the construction of these new Warwings, so that those who don't care, don't need not follow it.  (You have been forewarned.)

The first picture below illustrates the damaged Warwing C/O Simon, and other 'evil twin Warwing' met it's demise today at the morning crew BBQ combat challenge.  The second and 3rd pictures are of Vic's Warwing, which remarkably I believe is getting into it's third and last year. 

vicwhit

Sorry...that is immoral.

Sorry but I misspelled that...it is immortal. Bring it on boys.

Do it while you can.