Flight Instruction August 8th is a GO

Started by bweaver, August 06, 2018, 09:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

The forecast for student night on Wednesday is looking very promising. 

Let's hope it doesn't change.

A 'GO' or 'NO GO' will be posted on Wednesday, early enough for battery charging/organizing purposes.

What about you @Frank v B?  Are you going to be there regardless?

Frank v B

There is no snow in the forecast so I will be there.....if the job that day goes well.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

The forecast for today and this evening doesn't look promising.  :( 
I will hold on my decision on calling it a 'go' or 'no go' until this afternoon.  Hopefully it will improve in our favour.

bweaver

I'll go with the weather forecast.  Refer to the latest forecast below. 

:) I'll think positively and be there by 6 and we can see how it goes.

vicwhit

Weather Network radar shows rain coming over the field at 7ish. I opt to stay home and dry. GxL to all that try flying this evening.

Vic
Do it while you can.

Frank v B

It stayed dry!!!  We flew.

As a back-up, I showed up at Tim's Woodbine at 4:30 just in case we were flying inside.  Photo 1 showed proof I was ready with a buddy cord coming out of my coffee cup! ;D ;D

Photo 2 shows Ron Pinn playing games with Simon while flying FPV... without Simon knowing about it.  Simon went farming a minute later when he was unsuccessful getting a 9 minute flight out of an 8 minute battery. ;)  Notice in the background Bruce and Richard helping Paul with clean-up duties after he harvested his Apprentice out of the bean field.  Ask Bruce how well the "Panic" button worked on the transmitter. >:(

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

vicwhit

Never believe the weather forecast.
Never believe the weather
Never believe the
Never believe.
Never.
Ever.
Do it while you can.

bweaver

Re:  "Ask Bruce how well the "Panic" button worked on the transmitter. >:("

Response: It didn't. Hence, the walk into the beans and aircraft clean-up afterwards.  Fortunately only the steering clevis broke after a straight down dive.  The dense beans really acted as the 'safe' for the aircraft recovery in this instance. 

@vicwhit - Believe in the weather forecast.  It didn't rain between 6 and 7 p.m.  It only started to rain at close to 8 p.m.  -  Boy did it rain!

Thanks to Simon, Frank, Greg, Ron, Richard and BJ and for coming out to assist the students.