COMING SOON - Annual Fun Fly

Started by sihinch, August 09, 2018, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

That's right folks, our Annual Fun Fly is less than 3 weeks away.

Sunday 26th August.

It's a big one, because TEMAC is officially 15 this year!  So we will have some special events.

As usual we will have our BBQ from 12 noon.  $5 charge.

We will have:

A professional aerobatic demonstration flight
Awards, including Pilot's choice, Best Scale Model, Best Visiting Model
Raffle with awesome prizes
Mass Warwing combat with a prize for the Champion
Warwing racing with a prize for the winner

Plus other awesome, amazing, fabulous stuff and things!   8)

Be there or be square!  ;D

Frank v B

It should be fun.... come rain or shine.  Calling all early birds to a coffee top-up at Tim's Woodbine at 9:30 am and get to the field for 10 am.  Official calendar shows a 1 pm start.

How about:

EF-1-  After the Warwing guys stop littering foam all over the field let's do a battery's worth of EF-1 racing to sharpen our skills for Orangeville in September.

Biplanes.  Will bring my Skywriter (48" span, 4 cells).  Would love to see five bipes (10 wings) flying in formation.

Norduin Norseman- Will resurrect my Norseman in honour of Jack Higgins who championed the build class.  Would love to see Wingnutz's large scale Norseman and Eric's re-built one.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Todays's teaser.....

We'd like to commemorate our 15th Birthday with a new group photo for our website.

Come and be part of Club history! Immortalized forever as someone who can say "I was there" when TEMAC turned 15.

Bring a tie, a nice hat or a costume and let @Andy Hoffer boss you around while he creates the perfect postcard shot! Heck, bring a pet!?  ;D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on August 10, 2018, 12:05:37 PM
Todays's teaser.....

We'd like to commemorate our 15th Birthday with a new group photo for our website.

Come and be part of Club history! Immortalized forever as someone who can say "I was there" when TEMAC turned 15.

Bring a tie, a nice hat or a costume and let @Andy Hoffer boss you around while he creates the perfect postcard shot! Heck, being a pet!?  ;D

Members of the New Years Day Ice Brigade are encouraged to wear their bathing suits for a rare TEMAC Illustrated Swimsuit Edition photo shoot. This being the 15th anniversary of TEMAC, everyone is encouraged to follow suit for this very special fun fly event.  Photos from this session will make excellent gifts for your spouses/girlfriends/significant others and anyone whom you are trying to impress with your sense of style and panache!  Group and individual photos are on the agenda.  The soy bean foliage and aircraft should provide the perfect backdrop!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

re:"Photos from this session will make excellent gifts for your spouses/girlfriends/significant others and anyone whom you are trying to impress with your sense of style and panache!"

Be veeerrrryyyy careful.  A photo like that will make our spouses/girlfriends/significant others know we are nuts.  Up until now they only thought we were nuts.  Don't blow our cover. ;) ;) 8)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 10, 2018, 10:21:43 PM
Andy,

re:"Photos from this session will make excellent gifts for your spouses/girlfriends/significant others and anyone whom you are trying to impress with your sense of style and panache!"

Be veeerrrryyyy careful. A photo like that will make our spouses/girlfriends/significant others know we are nuts.  Up until now they only thought we were nuts.  Don't blow our cover. ;) ;) 8)

Frank

Dear @Frank v B ,

Go and ask Cynthia if she thinks you are nuts.  See if there is even the remotest hint of doubt in her mind.  I am certain that you will discover what our spouses/girlfriends/significant others already know.  There is no cover.  Wear your best bathing suit on Aug 26. 8)

Andy

bweaver

Combat challenges for our Annual Fun Fly have begun with new fortified Warwing aircraft coming into the mix. http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6695.msg44078.html#msg44078

If you are a pilot and wish to try flying a Warwing for the first time, I am going to allow you to fly one of mine provided:
1 - you bring your own 2200 mah 3s battery to use during the flight,
2 - we use a buddy box, whereby I will take off and land the plane (This way, I hope  I will still have a plane for combat and for racing afterwards)
3 - you can have as much fun flying the Warwing as you like  between take off and landing
4 - if you crash, you have to explain to others waiting in line for their turn to fly, why they can't (I will also look at you sternly and say nasty things under my breath.)
5 - you must cheer for my Warwing (that you just flew) when it is competing in a race or combat challenge.
(Even if you are a student pilot, we could manage a trial flight with you as well.)

Plan to come out and have a blast and a Warwing flight experience!

sihinch

I think I have a plan regarding Bruce's warwing and my 2200mAh lipo!!!  ;D

bweaver

Quote from: bweaver on August 14, 2018, 06:50:14 PM
Combat challenges for our Annual Fun Fly have begun with new fortified Warwing aircraft coming into the mix. http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6695.msg44078.html#msg44078

If you are a pilot and wish to try flying a Warwing for the first time, I am going to allow you to fly one of mine provided:
2 - we use a buddy box, whereby I will take off and land the plane (This way, I hope  I will still have a plane for combat and for racing afterwards)
3 - you can have as much fun flying the Warwing as you like  between take off and landing
4 - if you crash, you have to explain to others waiting in line for their turn to fly, why they can't (I will also look at you sternly and say nasty things under my breath.)
5 - you must cheer for my Warwing (that you just flew) when it is competing in a race or combat challenge.
(Even if you are a student pilot, we could manage a trial flight with you as well.)

@sihinch Sadly you don't qualify to come anywhere close to my Warwing.  You can only wish...  :-* 

By the way REVENGE has been replaced. 

Frank v B

Update:  Rudie Nagelmakers from Beeton and Fred Messacar (MAAC) have confirmed to me in writing that they will be there.

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on August 14, 2018, 06:50:14 PM

Note:

Novice pilots fear not.  @bweaver 's stern looks will undeniably be an attempt to deflect the blame from the less than proficient operator of the master transmitter in the buddy box pair who could not prevent the crash.  His associated low-altitude mutterings - if they can be deciphered at all - will most certainly be a reflection of self doubt and personal frustration with his performance as Pilot-in-Command.  This will be more than an adequate explanation to those who might be deprived of the opportunity to fly Bruce's Warwing.   So fly Bruce's Warwing with abandon and enjoy.  You are assured of applause no matter what you do!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

Hey Bruce, I have never flown a Warwing........   

Watch him immediately retract the offer! ;D

Frank

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on August 14, 2018, 11:17:36 PM

Frank

@Frank v B , In regards to your comment in RED TEXT - at the rate you are going at making the Warwing kit you have, you never will.

Frank, In regards to your other comment in LIME GREEN TEXT -  I was expecting you to want to try it out too.  Why do you think I am planning on using a buddy box?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on August 15, 2018, 08:37:26 AM
Quote from: Frank v B on August 14, 2018, 11:17:36 PM

Frank

@Frank v B , In regards to your comment in RED TEXT - at the rate you are going at making the Warwing kit you have, you never will.

Frank, In regards to your other comment in LIME GREEN TEXT -  I was expecting you to want to try it out too.  Why do you think I am planning on using a buddy box?

I smell a really good @Frank v B / @bweaver photo op!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: your quote "Frank, In regards to your other comment in LIME GREEN TEXT -  I was expecting you to want to try it out too.  Why do you think I am planning on using a buddy box?"

yeah, yeah.  You will be standing beside me, transmitter in hand.... but will you plug in the cord? ;D ;D

Frank