COMING SOON - Annual Fun Fly

Started by sihinch, August 09, 2018, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on August 15, 2018, 08:46:28 PM
Bruce,

re: your quote "Frank, In regards to your other comment in LIME GREEN TEXT -  I was expecting you to want to try it out too.  Why do you think I am planning on using a buddy box?"

yeah, yeah.  You will be standing beside me, transmitter in hand.... but will you plug in the cord? ;D ;D

Frank

Regarding more LIME GREEN TEXT comment:  No, but I will be looking at you sternly!  (I think I am going to be using wireless, just to bug you.)  It doesn't/won't/willn't have a panic button.   But if I have to 'panic' look out.

Frank v B

Andy,

If you want a good photo of Bruce with a stern look on his face, maybe an index finger in the air and panic written all over his face come watch me fly Bruce's Warwing. ;D

Graham will make sure the control tower is fully cleaned out before the event. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Had a coffee with Cadez this morning. 

We are both planning to bring out our Norsemans.  Greg bought Jack's at the auction.  If we can get one more out we can do a missing man formation.  It will be easy.  Just flying normally, mine will disappear into the bean field at the appropriate time. ;D

Hey, Mr. Wingnutz Q, it would be awesome if you can bring your big one (.60- size).... if you can attend.  Pretty please. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

...so what are you bringing to this Sunday's TEMAC Funfly??

I always bring a lot of airplanes depending on the type of day*.  For sure:

- Pogo- EF-1 4 cells
- Skywriter .46 biplane- club build class- 4 cells
- Norduin Norseman .46- club build class 4 cells
- P-51- .46 size.  I have cranked up the throws from last Sunday. 5 cells
- Corsair- .10 size 3 cells.  Just for Andy.  Charlie the pilot is ready.
- Pitts biplane- 18" span 3 cells
- Guillows Streak- rubber power conversion. 2 cells
- Enlarged Tack Hammer- 46" span on 4 cells- EF-1 motor.  Ballistic. 8)

Frank

* if it is a bad day, I'm guaranteed 8 flights! :D

sihinch

OK folks, the Awards have just been delivered by "ACME Professional Awards Co"  ;D

You know you want one........ 8)

battlestu

good ole Ricky Bobby....
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 20, 2018, 09:24:51 PM
...so what are you bringing to this Sunday's TEMAC Funfly??

I always bring a lot of airplanes depending on the type of day*.  For sure:

- Pogo- EF-1 4 cells
- Skywriter .46 biplane- club build class- 4 cells
- Norduin Norseman .46- club build class 4 cells
- P-51- .46 size.  I have cranked up the throws from last Sunday. 5 cells
- Corsair- .10 size 3 cells.  Just for Andy.  Charlie the pilot is ready.
- Pitts biplane- 18" span 3 cells
- Guillows Streak- rubber power conversion. 2 cells
- Enlarged Tack Hammer- 46" span on 4 cells- EF-1 motor.  Ballistic. 8)

Frank

* if it is a bad day, I'm guaranteed 8 flights! :D

I'm bringing my Nikon D300 Frankcatcher (a.k.a the Weaver Peever) with Nikor 18-200 mm ordnance!   8)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on August 23, 2018, 08:36:50 PM
OK folks, the Awards have just been delivered by "ACME Professional Awards Co"  ;D

You know you want one........ 8)

What are the two mystery awards at the back?!!

Andy

sihinch

Oh there's plenty more awards! I couldn't show them all, could I. You'll just have to come to the Fun Fly to find out!  ;)

bweaver

Re: I'm bringing my Nikon D300 Frankcatcher (a.k.a the Weaver Peever) with Nikor 18-200 mm ordnance!

@Andy Hoffer You better bring your Warwing (and fly it) or you don't want to see the look I'm going to give you! (Weaver Peever - Fiddle Fuddle)  >:(

By the way, I was reminding those of the Morning Crew this morning that it will be easy to find your downed Warwing in the beans, provided I haven't cut off your ribbon. Right @Canuke ?  If your ribbon isn't attached, make sure that @BJROB or Gray is watching it as it goes down.  (For those who don't know what I mean, if you still have your combat ribbon attached, the ribbon should be still visible above the beans.)

PS another WARWING COMBAT TIP: - Tape all electrical connections together so that if you loose one component, you have lost them all, or if you look at it more optimistically, if you find one component you find them all... , or like having the ribbon lying over the top of the beans, your taped components should never make it to the ground.  And that is my Theory.    ::)

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on August 24, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

Re: I'm bringing my Nikon D300 Frankcatcher (a.k.a the Weaver Peever) with Nikor 18-200 mm ordnance!

@Andy Hoffer You better bring your Warwing (and fly it) or you don't want to see the look I'm going to give you! (Weaver Peever - Fiddle Fuddle)  >:(

By the way, I was reminding those of the Morning Crew this morning that it will be easy to find your downed Warwing in the beans, provided I haven't cut off your ribbon. Right @Canuke ?  If your ribbon isn't attached, make sure that @BJROB or Gray is watching it as it goes down.  (For those who don't know what I mean, if you still have your combat ribbon attached, the ribbon should be still visible above the beans.)

PS another WARWING COMBAT TIP: - Tape all electrical connections together so that if you loose one component, you have lost them all, or if you look at it more optimistically, if you find one component you find them all... , or like having the ribbon lying over the top of the beans, your taped components should never make it to the ground.  And that is my Theory.    ::)

@bweaver ,

I would never pass up one of your classic STERN looks!!  I will leave my Warwing at home and fly the barbecue instead!!  Your blue foam will cook so nicely and will taste great with 5-minute FVB sauce!   8)

Andy

bweaver

Re:  I will leave my Warwing at home and fly the barbecue instead!!

@Andy Hoffer , then you are being awarded the 'yellow plastic chicken pendant award' for your paltry excuses used in Warwing Combat/Race avoidance.  This beautifully crafted (likely in China) dishonorable pendant award must be warn while you BBQ and take photos while simaltaneously avoiding to compete honorably in the Warwing combat and racing events at this fun fly.   Once bestowed, you must wear this pendant at a future organized Warwing combat/race event, where you can selectively bestow it on someone else who wishes to hide behind flimsy excuses, to avoid the TEMAC challenges in the sky.   (Any TEMAC challenge)

Let it rain Chopped Ribbons and somebody else's Blue Foam!

"C'est la vie" or "C'est la guerre"!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on August 24, 2018, 06:18:56 PM
Re:  I will leave my Warwing at home and fly the barbecue instead!!

@Andy Hoffer , then you are being awarded the 'yellow plastic chicken pendant award' for your paltry excuses used in Warwing Combat/Race avoidance.  This beautifully crafted (likely in China) dishonorable pendant award must be warn while you BBQ and take photos while simaltaneously avoiding to compete honorably in the Warwing combat and racing events at this fun fly.   Once bestowed, you must wear this pendant at a future organized Warwing combat/race event, where you can selectively bestow it on someone else who wishes to hide behind flimsy excuses, to avoid the TEMAC challenges in the sky.   (Any TEMAC challenge)

Let it rain Chopped Ribbons and somebody else's Blue Foam!

"C'est la vie" or "C'est la guerre"!

Thank you so much @bweaver! I will be thrilled to wear the yellow chicken pendant and enjoy photographing the Warwings pugilists decimating each other and keeping the epoxy adhesive industry thriving.  The yellow chicken might even make a nice pilot or streamer ornament for my Warwing. 

Looking forward with great anticipation to the award ceremony!!  8)

Andy

bweaver

@Andy Hoffer , I'm just "chicken out" the weather for tomorrow's club Fun Fly.  Looks like a great day to host a BBQ and hide behind your moma's apron.