COMING SOON - Annual Fun Fly

Started by sihinch, August 09, 2018, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Yes sir, @bweaver !!  It looks like we'll have a really "goad" time!!

bweaver

Re: @sihinch your comment: "My laminated wing breaks cover this week.... ;D"

And you thought I wasn't paying attention>>>  Wait til tomorrow...   ;)  We'll see what breaks.

Among other planes I am bringing out, I have one plastic laminated Warwing and one non-plastic laminated Warwing ready for tomorrow.  I think, Vic, you and myself should have a laminated Warwing combat session sometime tomorrow and invite others to partake, if they dare.  (Cluck, cluck, cluck @Andy Hoffer .) Goad BBQ or not. I'm not finished yet!

Further as Jim has requested, my non-plastic laminated Warwing will be entered into any heat @Canuke enters, so that he can sweat it out and appreciate the blue foam competition. 

I also hope that other Morning Crew combatants bring out their Warwings as well. 

Canuke

No problem Bruce. I'll bring out 2 normal warwings. One of which I'll lend you if (when?) you lose yours in combat with us.

bweaver

@Canuke , @Andy Hoffer , @Michael , @Athol , @vicwhit , @electroflyer

Sweet dreams.  There is a plane with your name on it.  :)

@sihinch , I have decided to keep your name off this one considering the success that I have had when putting your name on one of my Warwings.  Say no more.  :-X

vicwhit

Why does Andy get so much space? ??? I didn't know he was THAT special.

I am so looking forward to war. And Jim is going down in blue bits. Ha Ha Ha.
Do it while you can.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: vicwhit on August 25, 2018, 07:50:59 PM
Why does Andy get so much space? ??? I didn't know he was THAT special.

I am so looking forward to war. And Jim is going down in blue bits. Ha Ha Ha.

Hi @vicwhit ,

Think about it Vic!!   8)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on August 24, 2018, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: bweaver on August 24, 2018, 06:18:56 PM
Re:  I will leave my Warwing at home and fly the barbecue instead!!

@Andy Hoffer , then you are being awarded the 'yellow plastic chicken pendant award' for your paltry excuses used in Warwing Combat/Race avoidance.  This beautifully crafted (likely in China) dishonorable pendant award must be warn while you BBQ and take photos while simaltaneously avoiding to compete honorably in the Warwing combat and racing events at this fun fly.   Once bestowed, you must wear this pendant at a future organized Warwing combat/race event, where you can selectively bestow it on someone else who wishes to hide behind flimsy excuses, to avoid the TEMAC challenges in the sky.   (Any TEMAC challenge)

Let it rain Chopped Ribbons and somebody else's Blue Foam!

"C'est la vie" or "C'est la guerre"!

Thank you so much @bweaver! I will be thrilled to wear the yellow chicken pendant and enjoy photographing the Warwings pugilists decimating each other and keeping the epoxy adhesive industry thriving.  The yellow chicken might even make a nice pilot or streamer ornament for my Warwing. 

Looking forward with great anticipation to the award ceremony!!  8)

Andy

@bweaver ,

I can't thank you enough for my Guardian Chicken!  She has kept my dearly beloved Warwing in pristine condition, watching over me and warding off any hungry combatants who might be trolling the skies at TEMAC.  As a result I was able to enjoy my treasured Blue Foam Weaver Peever the week after the Fun Fly and my Guardian Chicken enthusiatically clucked her approval!!

You're a good man Bruce!

Andy

bweaver

Re:  "I can't thank you enough for my Guardian Chicken!  She has kept my dearly beloved Warwing in pristine condition, watching over me and warding off any hungry combatants who might be trolling the skies at TEMAC.  As a result I was able to enjoy my treasured Blue Foam Weaver Peever the week after the Fun Fly and my Guardian Chicken enthusiatically clucked her approval!!"

Such kind words Andy.  I am sure the chicken is proud of herself. But she'll get tired of being your Warwing's savior and look forward to helping some other TEMAC member from scattering blue foam around at Rogo Field or having their Warwing's combat ribbon snipped at some time in the future.

I never thought someone would wear the chicken pendant with such pride.  From the expression on its face, the chicken is even thrilled.

For those who are interested I have visited Lowes and have seen that they are still carrying blue foam Warwing kit beginnings.  I plan on making Warwing kits available at cost to TEMAC members again sometime this year or early next year (before next flying season - let's put it that way).  I have the motor mount/reinforcing crates already secured and ready for disassembly and further processing.  That means fly your current Warwing with wild abandonment!!! 

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on September 03, 2018, 08:10:06 AM
Re:  "I can't thank you enough for my Guardian Chicken!  She has kept my dearly beloved Warwing in pristine condition, watching over me and warding off any hungry combatants who might be trolling the skies at TEMAC.  As a result I was able to enjoy my treasured Blue Foam Weaver Peever the week after the Fun Fly and my Guardian Chicken enthusiatically clucked her approval!!"

Such kind words Andy.  I am sure the chicken is proud of herself. But she'll get tired of being your Warwing's savior and look forward to helping some other TEMAC member from scattering blue foam around at Rogo Field or having their Warwing's combat ribbon snipped at some time in the future.

I never thought someone would wear the chicken pendant with such pride.  From the expression on its face, the chicken is even thrilled.

For those who are interested I have visited Lowes and have seen that they are still carrying blue foam Warwing kit beginnings.  I plan on making Warwing kits available at cost to TEMAC members again sometime this year or early next year (before next flying season - let's put it that way).  I have the motor mount/reinforcing crates already secured and ready for disassembly and further processing.  That means fly your current Warwing with wild abandonment!!!

I have to say that @bcgreenhow did an absolutely masterful job of photographing us.  He actually made @bweaver and I look as good as my Guardian Chicken!!  Thanks so much Barrett!   :D

Andy