E F 1 Racing at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, August 15, 2018, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Ken,

As usual, let's just do a headcount of helpers/ when we get there.  Then we will man the important stations and go fly.
I vote that Cory be permanently stationed and shackled to Pylon 1 so he can't fly in the race.  Wishful thinking. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

I can assist provided the tasks coincide with my abilities...  or lack thereof. ;D

Is there a possibility that we can meet somewhere and I can get a ride with someone?

cpaine

Bweaver- any help is appreciated. we have 3 poles that need to maned, to keep guys like frank honest!
Years of racing has made me this way... blame my dad! ;)
Ill give you 3 good tips to going faster, AFTER were done racing  ;D
maac #26951

Polecat

Frank v B

Bruce,

The closest to you is Michael if he can make it.  If not, I can pick you up and get you there.... and if you are nice.... back too!! ;D
I will post the directions tomorrow.  Yes, I took exact mileages at each turn last time we raced.

We will meet at the Tim's at hiway 9 and 27 in Schomberg.  Same place as last year.

Frank

Frank v B

Directions to Orangeville's EF-1 RaceFest.

We start at Tim's on the west side of Hiway #27, less than one km south of Hiway #9.  Note: Hiway #27 is 6 km west of Hiway 400 at the south end of Holland Marsh.

We will leave Tim's in a convoy by 9 am.

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection.
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the stars.

Frank (Mr. Second Last)

Polecat

Dress warm for the race tomorrow, could be a rain shower early morning but later sunny, with SW winds 6-8k. Hoping to start racing around 10:30am.
If you have any questions just send a message on here.
See you all Sun.

Ken

Frank v B

Good to go.

Am picking up Bruce at the King Sideroad park off the 400 (N.E. corner) at 8 am tomorrow morning, then aiming to be at Tim's Hiway 9 and 27 for 8:30.  Hoping to see a number of TEMAC delegates there to start our trash talking like:  "who is this Cory guy anyways?"

Safe trip everyone.

Frank

Polecat

See you at the field Frank, hope the weather hasn't truned anyone off. Cloudy here but brighting up now.

thehaze

Packing the car!

Frank, might not make the rendezvous point on time (why so early?) but I know my way and will meet you guys there

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

Just got home from Orangeville and had a great time as usual.

Bruce, Mike H., Greg H. Glenn and I took the TEMAC colours to the EF-1 start line.  Glenn had the best luck of the TEMAC guy... mostly because he has the greatest ability.  Cory won again.  He usually wants to beat up on his father but he has progressed to teaching us all a lesson.  Bruce was elected to help run the race because he was the only one of us who could count to 10 ;)

Photos are of the TEMAC gang. Photo 11- Mike Hazelton, Photo 17- Greg Hazelton,  Photo 20- Bruce Weaver, Photo 21 Glenn Nikolaiko

Thanks to Ken Fluney and all the volunteers who braved the weather (spitting rain) and the cold.

Frank

thehaze

Had another fun day at the Orangeville race course!

Had some troubles with my plane that kept me on the ground 50% of the time but I enjoyed myself nonetheless. With some minor tweaks and some fresh batteries I'll be back at again next season.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

these photos show why Bruce was so valuable.  He could do the higher math stuff like count to 7,8,9. ;) 8)

The red number 1 shows he was counting for racer 1.  Two planes per heat.

Frank v B

This is why you don't mess with Glenn.  An off course take-off headed hard left and towards Glenn.  He put up his arm to protect his head and was cut.  Merely a flesh wound.
There was blood on his boot.  The photo shows the shape of Rick's prop after Glenn finished with it.  Mike doing the medical detail with a band-aid.

Frank

Frank v B

Greg doing his best impersonation of Andy Hoffer.