E F 1 Racing at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, August 15, 2018, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

and... don't mess with Mike H.'s plane either.  On take-off both planes met.  Rick's plane was battle scarred... but flew again.  The aftermath of linking up with an 8X8 APC.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Our adversaries.  That sounds awful.  They are Friendversaries.

Photo 39- Ken Fluney- after mowing the lawn with his 8X8 APC.
Photo 40- The father and son team- Rick and Cory Paine
Photo 44- Mike and Dave

bweaver

Yes, Bruce can count.  What I am amazed is, @Frank v B was able to place the photos from today in the post in proper sequence.  Thanks for the ride to and from Frank.

The Orangeville gang was a lot of fun.

Over all I was very impressed with our TEMAC representatives showing at the race. 

While volunteering to keep time and count laps for Frank, I felt like the batteries were almost dead in the stop watch and rather than having to turn the lap cards as he passed each time in front of me, I felt like I was turning the page of calendar.  (As Frank advised, you don't have to fly fast to do well, and he was certainly proof of it.)  :-*

Frank v B

more random photos

13- Mike H. and Dave with Mike's plane
32- Dave holding Mike H.'s plane for the start
42- Dave calling for Mike H.
43- Mike and Dave
45 -Cory with Ken's plane.  Ken behind.

battlestu

here is Frank doing his best Andy impression :)

and Bruce watching with a keen eye

and last is of the whole gang.

Thanks, Ken for hosting another great event!
Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Glad you all had fun! Sorry I missed it. Looks cold, though!

Is @bweaver Bruce now buying an EF1 plane?

Polecat

I know where some are for sale.lol  A fun day racing but damp and cold.
See you next year Simon.

Ken

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on September 30, 2018, 07:07:10 PM
Greg doing his best impersonation of Andy Hoffer.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6712.msg44472.html#msg44472

Very impressive coordination of Greg's beard and fur hat trim.  The colour match is amazing, and even the subtle highlights are true!   Way to go Greg!!

Andy

battlestu

one last set of pictures showing TEMAC "engineering" at it's best....enjoy :)

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bweaver

Re: Is @bweaver Bruce now buying an EF1 plane?
and
Re: I know where some are for sale.lol

@sihinch and @Polecat

I thoroughly enjoyed the day and races. 

Simon, I was advised by many that the tree you were known for frequenting had been removed for your benefit. 

Being a timer and lap counter at this event, I was impressed with how consistent SOME of the competitors were with their heat times. In a number of instances competitors posted identical times to just a second or two difference in the 4 heats they ran in.  (I don't want to say this, but Frank was the most inconsistent time-wise, but had the greatest improvement from his first heat to his last - the way I saw it anyhow.)

To get to your inquiries: At this time I am undecided about purchasing one until I find out more about the activity. 

Ken, is there any link or information I and others could review that provides details about the airplane types, restrictions, etc.?

Many thanks for a great day and introduction to the event (except for the weather).

Bruce

Polecat

Quote from: bweaver on October 01, 2018, 09:27:37 AM
Re: Is @bweaver Bruce now buying an EF1 plane?
and
Re: I know where some are for sale.lol

@sihinch and @Polecat

I thoroughly enjoyed the day and races. 

Simon, I was advised by many that the tree you were known for frequenting had been removed for your benefit. 

Being a timer and lap counter at this event, I was impressed with how consistent SOME of the competitors were with their heat times. In a number of instances competitors posted identical times to just a second or two difference in the 4 heats they ran in.  (I don't want to say this, but Frank was the most inconsistent time-wise, but had the greatest improvement from his first heat to his last - the way I saw it anyhow.)

To get to your inquiries: At this time I am undecided about purchasing one until I find out more about the activity. 

Ken, is there any link or information I and others could review that provides details about the airplane types, restrictions, etc.?

Many thanks for a great day and introduction to the event (except for the weather).

Bruce

Bruce  Goggle NMPRA E F 1 rules or approve parts, that should get you some info.
Thanks for coming up, hope you had a fun day with us craziest. lol
Any questions just PM me.
Ken

electroflyer

Hey Guys,

Certainly was a fun day. The weather held off until we finished all the heats and more importantly No major crashes!
  With the exception of me playing catch with an EF1 racer, everything was good.
  I would like to share a few photo's of the days events. Please note Mike finessing his model for the next race, He used those sheet metal shears with the delicate skill of a surgeon with a scalpel!

Glenn

electroflyer

More

electroflyer

Start of a race

Polecat

Quote from: electroflyer on October 02, 2018, 11:11:02 AM
  More

The Invictus sets to low to the ground and the back of the fuselage bottom is setting in the grass, causing drag. Mike needs a taller landing gear. I will look after that, have some in stock. @thehaze

Ken