RC Track Construction

Started by Gregor77, August 18, 2018, 07:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

Well some of you may have noticed a few mounds of dirt at the south side of the field.   This is going to be our new RC track for the membership that may want to run RC cars and buggies.

Well construction has now begun!

I just need members to follow some simple rules until we are finished and offically open it to the membership.

- Right now the track is a work in progress. I would like members to please stand clear if any large machinary is being operated.  Example BOBCAT, safety is first!

Once the track is completed (TBD)

- The RC track is for members only!  You need full MAAC and TEMAC memberships to be able to use the track.  This is not open to the public!
- We must be respectful of any pilots that are flying around!  It is hard enough to fly, there is no need to race up and down the runway if someone is flying. So please do not run any RC cars on the runway while people are actively flying.  Please keep the cars on the track.
- Almost all modern RC cars are 2.4 land and will not interfer with RC aircraft signals.  But for some of the vintage vehicles, they may have FM, so please use the channel board if that is the case.  This is not a concern if you are running AM, primarily FM.
- Temac is an electric club, so this is also limited to electric rc cars.  Nitro or gas is not permited.

I will update this thread as things become present.

Please feel free to add any other comments or concerns so that we may be able to address them in the near future.

;)

sihinch

Hate to be a downer but I've had some comments/concerns brought to my attention about RC cars at TEMAC so I need to make a few things clear, please.....

The Board agreed to a car track providing it was a member led initiative and that it would be no risk or no nuisance to RC flying.

I love RC and I do enjoy driving RC cars. But we are a model aviation club; that is our purpose. Driving on the driveway poses a risk to parked vehicles. Driving in the pits poses a risk to models. Driving on the taxiway/runway potentially interferes with flying models.

So please, I ask everyone to abide by the following from now on relating to RC cars at TEMAC:

Track is for Members only
No car driving in the pits
No car driving on the driveway
Absolutely no cars on the runway or taxiway

Please let's remember our motto of safety and courtesy, and also that we are a flying club.

Thanks
Simon

vicwhit

The outside portion of the track is mostly ready for use. I raked the entire outside, added some drainage channels, and fixed up the berms. Then I raked it again to remove more rocks and lumps. The surface is still too loose but will compact down, given time and some rain.
Have at it guys!
Do it while you can.

vicwhit

Even more improvements at the track.  ;D

Drainage pipe has been added to minimize ponding water and hopefully soft muddy areas. This will be a work in progress to adjust to the conditions as Mother Nature presents them.

The outside track is shaping up well but still has some loose dirt. I have added a tamper to the tool shed but haven't the energy to do the whole track. Please pitch in and tamp away at you leisure. Maybe I'll bring a roller out this week.

The inside loop has more dirt added in the bare areas. It has been raked and is in much better condition. I'm sure you will enjoy the added terrain and challenging esses. I suspect more work will be needed in the areas that were scraped bare.

Hopefully the Saturday rain leaves the track usable for the big day on Sunday.

If the track is too soft walk on without leaving footprints, please stay off the track to minimize the work of keeping the surface smooooth.
Do it while you can.