Wednesday Aug 22- flight instruction is a hopeful GO

Started by Frank v B, August 20, 2018, 09:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Bruce is getting a much needed break from his difficult daily task of running the Morning Crew and running the flight instruction program.  I will be there no matter what the weather.  Plan to be there by 5 pm.  If it is pouring (it's not supposed to) then I will be at Tim's Woodbine.
Simon will post an update at about noon on Wednesday.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

SeeFernando

I'll be there!

And yes I'm apparently still alive!
-Chris

BJROB

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

In the spirit of getting together with friends and being optimistic, we'll say training is ON.

So it's GO for tonight.

However, it does look to be very windy with strong gusts, so flying may be challenging or even unpleasant. So please bear that in mind.

sihinch

Oh wow, I just checked another app and it says 55-60 km/h gusts tonight. That has me worried!

I've not been outside since 6:30am so don't know how windy it is myself.

With winds this strong, flight training will probably be very difficult if not impossible.

Again, please consider the wind when you decide whether to come.

SeeFernando

It looks pretty windy, the trees are moving quite a bit!

It'll be interesting...

See you there? lol
-Chris

vicwhit

Windfinder shows 13 to 16 MPH, gusting to 25. These conditions are not conducive to learning basic flying skills. If you have not progressed to at least solo privileges, I recommend you sit tonight out.
BTW, if you end up in the beans, bring your boots along. You will need them. ???
Do it while you can.

SeeFernando

Ok, I'm staying home, its been while since I flew... :(

*discharges batteries...*
-Chris

Andy Hoffer

I flew this morning from 10:30 to 11:30.  The winds were REALLY honking: N to NW, 27 kmh gusting 38 kmh!!  YAHOOO!  That was fun!  LOTS of concentration required.

Andy

sihinch

Congrats to Yakob and Devin who both earned their MAAC wings!  In fact, if you look closely, Devin got a special set of wings!  ;)

See what happens when @bweaver is away!   ;D

Thanks to BJ, Frank, Greg H, Carlos & Vic for helping tonight.    It turned in to a really nice night to fly.

sihinch

Michael

Michael

octagon

Amazing how the odd corn stalk sticks out in contrast. Nice Video Simon.
What could possibly go wrong?

Bill B

@sihinch I saw you were all alone so I thought I'd come and play   ;D

Much fun was had by all. Maybe next time @Devin  can teach us how to fly in formation.

Bill