Thank You Yakob, TEMAC Flight and Ground Crew

Started by bweaver, August 29, 2018, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

I was thrilled tonight to receive a very thoughtful presentation from Yakob Weensvoort.  (One of TEMAC's latest students who has achieved his wings.)  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6720.msg44139.html#msg44139

Please refer to the photo below which depicts the award Yakob personally spent the time to make and gave to me tonight.  (Note his thoughtful inclusion of my P51 Mustang and my Warwing, including an attached trailing combat ribbon.)  Thank you Yakob.  It was so thoughtful.  I will always treasure it.

I must say I wouldn't have received this thoughtful presentation from Yakob, if it wasn't for the time and assistance TEMAC students and I receive from our Flight Instructors, Ground Crew and club Board of Directors.

Thank you to everyone assisting in TEMAC's flight training program. (By first name in alphabetical order, these include:) Andy Hoffer, Athol Cohen, Bjerne Roberts, Frank van Beurden, Graham McNicol, Greg Hazelton, Michael Rogozinski, Oscar Mok, Peter Palumbo, Richard Budny, Ron Brott, Simon Hinchcliffe, and Vic Whitmore. 

vicwhit

That Jacob is quite a guy. He does his Dad proud.
Do it while you can.

sihinch

What a lovely story! Congratulations Bruce and thank you Yakob.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on August 29, 2018, 09:53:34 PM
I was thrilled tonight to receive a very thoughtful presentation from Yakob Weensvoort.  (One of TEMAC's latest students who has achieved his wings.)  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6720.msg44139.html#msg44139

Please refer to the photo below which depicts the award Yakob personally spent the time to make and gave to me tonight.  (Note his thoughtful inclusion of my P51 Mustang and my Warwing, including an attached trailing combat ribbon.)  Thank you Yakob.  It was so thoughtful.  I will always treasure it.

I must say I wouldn't have received this thoughtful presentation from Yakob, if it wasn't for the time and assistance TEMAC students and I receive from our Flight Instructors, Ground Crew and club Board of Directors.

Thank you to everyone assisting in TEMAC's flight training program. (By first name in alphabetical order, these include:) Andy Hoffer, Athol Cohen, Bjerne Roberts, Frank van Beurden, Graham McNicol, Greg Hazelton, Michael Rogozinski, Oscar Mok, Peter Palumbo, Richard Budny, Ron Brott, Simon Hinchcliffe, and Vic Whitmore.

My role has been very modest.  I simply make sure that all students are aware of the many wonderful faces of Bruce - so that they know what they are in for!!  Way to go Yakob for surviving the Weaver gauntlet!  8)

Andy

bweaver

Quote from: sihinch on August 30, 2018, 08:34:40 AM
What a lovely story! Congratulations Bruce and thank you Yakob.

Simon, it's not a 'storey'.   :o  It's the truth and nothing but the truth.

Again, many thanks to all...

I also wish to add that as far as I am concerned (and I know from many others in the flight crew), just seeing the students advance and succeed in their efforts to fly is our only desired reward.  For myself, the experience of being a part of TEMAC's flight crew truly brings back thrilling memories of my own early experiences in learning to fly. 

For other TEMAC members who may be interested in volunteering as a member of the 'flight crew', you are more than welcome to come out and offer your assistance.  Think about it.