2018-12 TEMAC Tickler 3 dates for your diary

Started by sihinch, September 12, 2018, 10:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet recently - it was time for my annual vacation!  Les & I had a min break in Prince Edward County and I managed to visit the National Air Force Museum in Trenton on the way back.  It's worth a visit.

We have a bunch of important dates coming up, to really close the official flying season of 2018.  :'(

On Saturday 15th September, we have the TEMAC traditional homage to the Battle Of Britain pilots.  Bring your WW2 British and German warbirds to the field for an informal recognition of the aerial battle over the UK in the Summer 1940.

Wednesday 19th September is the official end to our training program for 2018.  I'm sure some instructors will continue to help students by arrangement at weekends, but Wednesday evenings will finish with our "Presidents Pizza Party."  This is my celebration of all the pilots who earned their wings this year, and to say thank you to our CFI, Instructors and Ground Crew.  If you've been a part of our flight training program this year, either student or helper, come for some of my free pizza!

Finally, Sunday 23rd September is the "Jack Higgins' Skills Challenge."  This is my favourite flying event of the year - I promise it will bring laughter and tears!  There will be something for everyone to compete in, and of course, there will be bragging rights for the most skilled Pilot at TEMAC.  This will be our last BBQ event of 2018, with the usual $5 charge.

Hope to see you all soon.  Make sure you enjoy the fall weather, it's some of the best flying time of the year.

Cheers,
Simon