The Great Photo Thread

Started by Michael, September 16, 2018, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I'm starting a new thread where everyone is invited to post photos of your models in action (flying, taking off, landing), that you feel are really exceptional.
(If I don't agree that a post/image is not "really exceptional", it will be deleted.)

A simple guideline would be to resist temptation until you find a photo that is really special, and only post one image per post.

Of course give credit and information for the photo.

This is a photo, about 2 weeks old, of my A10 twin ducted fan foam model flying across the TEMAC sky. Glenn N took the photo.

I will monitor and edit this thread.

Michael

sihinch

Great idea! I love this photo taken my Greg Hazelton of my Freewing 90mm Typhoon.

bweaver

Yes Michael, this is a great idea. 

You don't know how much willpower it has taken me from posting a beautiful picture of my Warwing in flight.

So I have settled for my Fairchild PT 19.  Photo courtesy of Andy Hoffer.

Michael

Greg Hazelton's quad-ducted-fan Airbus 380, on the TEMAC tarmac. BJ took the photo.
Michael

Michael

My E-Flite AT-6 Texan, I think Glenn took the photo.

Michael

Gregor77

My latest fav!

Gregor77

ppalumbo

My Hangar 9 Corsair 60.

octagon

I built this 2 years ago, but this was only my 3rd flight on it. I cannot believe how much I enjoy the way it flies and looks. The graphics were done by Callie and the plane represents Canada's first fighter ace Henry "Red" Mulock. Photo is courtesy of Andy Hoffer on 2018 Jack Higgins Skills Competition.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

While I can't find many exceptional pictures of my own pretty planes (I wounder why?), I have gone searching through TEMACs photo galleries and found this gem.  (I don't know who's plane it is, but the photo belongs to Hoffer - Jan 1, 2018)

Ededge2002

Though not scale I think this is a great photo of one of my planes.  Anyone who has tried to photograph these types of models knows it's tough to get a good shot of them. 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

MarcV

My Great Planes Cessna float plane.
Oh, yea, full disclosure, it's Nitro powered baby and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love the smell of nitro in the morning  ;D
Marc
P.S. I don't love cleaning all that oil gunk off of it after a flight.

bweaver

TEMAC, this is your plane. You can be proud of it. 

This plane was donated to TEMAC by Oscar to our student flight training program.  This plane has attained a number of hours in the service of our students this year and will likely have many more added to it in the future.  Thanks Oscar.

An exceptional photo of an our Apprentice. (Compliments of Hoffer)

RogMason

These aren't flying, so I don't know if these qualify for your gallery Michael, however, I think Rob & Oscar's Spitfires look quite real in the grass?
'Roger That...'

electroflyer

I always liked this photo showing my Lysander in flight.
This was taken in the Fall of 2015. The aircraft has always been a little tricky to fly, but this particular day was being well behaved. I believe this photo was taken by Andy.

Glenn