The Great Photo Thread

Started by Michael, September 16, 2018, 06:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electroflyer

Here is a photo of Andy Hoffer flying his Pitts Special. It is a beautiful aircraft which unfortunately had a bit of a mishap last week. But knowing Andy it will back in the air and better than ever.

Andy, this should help your inspiration!

electroflyer

Not to be outdone, here is Michael flying his big 1/4 scale Tiger Moth. This plane never disappoints and is always flown in a very scale manner. This particular shot is from August 12th.

electroflyer

Here is a shot I took of Bruce's Sopwith Tri-plane. It looked so good against the Blue sky that I had to submit this shot. Given that this is a modified Se5a, it shows the skills and ingenuity that is alive and well at TEMAC!

electroflyer

Another shot for Bruce.

This was from the same flight as above.

bweaver

Thanks Glenn, ( @electroflyer ) Great photos.  You have the distance down just about right.

It is a coincidence, I just had my 'stand-way-off-scale' Sopwith Triplane out flying the other day.  It flies surprisingly well, for having been put together from two crashed SE5As.  (Putting the record straight - even the CFI can really crash em and modify/rebuild em.)

sihinch

Not sure who took this, I'm afraid, but I do love this shot of my Phantom, too.

bweaver

??? In among TEMACs photos- Owner of plane and photo credits unknown. 

(I think the photo is Hoffers.  He's the only one I know who will get down with the crickets.)

sihinch

Love these photos of the large E-Flite Trojan that I owned for 1 day. It was Michael's and is now Glenn's.

Crazyflyer

This is a screen grab from a video of me following Oscar's cub.

Wingnutz

Quote from: bweaver on October 10, 2018, 09:47:17 AM
??? In among TEMACs photos- Owner of plane and photo credits unknown. 

(I think the photo is Hoffers.  He's the only one I know who will get down with the crickets.)
The photo in post 21 is Andy's but the model is the Norseman I built at the first year's build classes. It's a decent size at 2100 mm ws. and is still flying a few flights a year. I'll look for a photo for the collection.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Wingnutz

I think Graham took this one at a Rob Pike Float Fly at Frenchman's. There was a mooring buoy 15-20' out from shore and I nailed it! The cross strut bounced off the floating buoy and the model continued on and made its landing!

Wingnutz

Think most of you have seen this one, but I had to include it as my dad took it when he was 90 years old...it's my FlyFly 90mm F-86  with Callie graphics.

Michael

This photo, by Andy, is from 2014. The model is my kit-built Top-Flite DC3 (twin E-Flite 32 brushless motors).
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: electroflyer on October 02, 2018, 12:42:37 PM
  Here is a photo of Andy Hoffer flying his Pitts Special. It is a beautiful aircraft which unfortunately had a bit of a mishap last week. But knowing Andy it will back in the air and better than ever.

Andy, this should help your inspiration!

Hey @electroflyer ,

Thanks so much Glenn.  That is a beautiful shot of my Pitts, and definitely an inspiration to get the repairs done.

Andy

Wingnutz

This was taken back in 2013 at a Scugog Float Flyers session. I can't find the original digital image so this is a photo of a print, but I thought the photo still merited inclusion in the thread. It's an Electrifly Seawind EP about to touch down. Water this calm would be a nightmare for a full size but for the RC pilot, it's great stuff! I'm never quite sure if it's right side up or not!