The Jack Higgins Skills Challenge Sunday Sept 23

Started by Frank v B, September 23, 2018, 07:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

What a terrific day.  Counted 36 flyers/members at the field today.  The nicest flying day this year.

Thanks
: To Greg for co-ordinating, Graham for corralling the set-up crew and being Scorch the BBQ Master, Michael for the divine intervention on the weather ( ;)). 
: To all the flyers who were great sports in tackling the flying challenges.
: To John for being an unbiased judge.
: To Andy.. for being Andy and staying behind the shutter.  He can definitely do more damage with his lens than flying in the event. ;D
: To our partners for letting us play in a farmer's field.
: To Jack for starting a perpetual TEMAC laugh-in.

Frank

Photos:
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

TEMAC People attending the Higgins Challenge:

Frank

Frank v B

More photos of TEMAC people and planes:

Note the last photo of Graham, the one-man set-up crew.  Do not tick him off!!

Frank v B

What are they spelling out!!!  A bunch of skywriters who can't spell?? ;D ;D

The first photo (78) - an attempt at Chinese writing ??
The last photo (82) - an attempt at a Valentine's Day card- heart and arrow.??

Frank

Michael

It was great!

Perfect weather and conditions, lots and lots of people and flying, beautiful model airplanes, fun and exciting contests, and a great barbecue.

Easily one of our best funflys.

Extra special thanks to Andy, Greg and Graham. These buys were the backbone of this fabulous event. Thanks to John for being our cool and unbiased judge.

Congratulations to Simon for winning the contest, earning himself the Poe Dameron Best Pilot in the Galaxy award!
Michael

bweaver

Next year, if there are any wedding conflicts, I will ask them to change their date.

I am really sad that I had to miss it.   :'( :'( :'(

sihinch

It was a fabulous day.  Thanks so much to everyone who came - I hope you all had fun.  I heard lots of laughter  ;D

Special thanks to John Aurich our mystery person for volunteering to be our unwavering judge!  Their decision was final - so some scores look weird!

Also, big thanks Andy & Graham for feeding us, Greg & Graham for setting up and organizing the event and Jack Higgins for the weather!  ;)

I hope no-one minds, but here are the scores.  DNC stands for "did not compete."  I hope I got the DNCs correct, but I can assure you the scores are all exactly as recorded by our judge.

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks,

Photos from Sunday's great Skills Challenge are up in the Photo Gallery.

http://temac.ca/?p=16710

Enjoy!

Andy

bfeist

Very sorry to have missed it (was down with a cold). It's always a great time.