• October 16, 2018, 04:00:58 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: CL-415 group-build thread  (Read 37 times)

Offline Michael

• TEMAC Advisor to the Board, 2017 Chief Flight Instructor
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • MAAC Deputy Zone Director
    • http://www.temac.ca
  • TEMAC #: 1
CL-415 group-build thread
« on: October 13, 2018, 04:37:51 pm »
Glenn N, Rob D, Bill V, and I have all decided to build Canadair Waterbombers from the same `short`kit. The intention is to build them at the same time, share information as we proceed, and hopefully to finish them in the same colours.

A short kit is essentially plans and a minimum of balsa parts. This kit also included two cowls.

All wood sheeting, wood strips, hardware, etc. needs to be purchased separately. There is no list of what to buy, and there are no building instructions, but there is a colour-photocopy sheet of a magazine article that includes some photos of the construction.

I`ve opened up the plans and placed the wood on top. The laser cut parts look nice, and each piece has a building code number engraved on it.

My first task is to carefully go over the plans and make a list of wood to buy.

Glenn, Rob and Bill will contribute to this thread, and anyone is invited to comment.

Michael

Offline bweaver

• Ace
  • TEMAC #: 169
  • Started Flying RC: 1979
Re: CL-415 group-build thread
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 06:35:51 pm »
A super project!  I am looking forward to following the construction thread as the planes begin and continue to materialize... 

I am also checking out investment opportunities with companies that grow, log and process balsa lumber.   :)