Started by Michael, October 13, 2018, 04:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Check for BJ's name on the flight manifest. ;D ;D

Poor flag pole. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

It's just a flag ⛳️ pole magnet fatal attraction  ??? ??? ::)
Drawn in by the earths spinning 8) with too much static on th positive to negative earths flag ⛳️ poles
That's my excuse..... landing on the pole? Great pilot skills...😏
Great job on the building it's been great to follow the processes
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Michael

Progressing ...

Michael

Michael

More covering.
Michael

Michael

More yellow.

Michael

bweaver

Looking great Michael.

The rest of you, your builds are similarly great, but not as far along great as Michael's...   ;)

piker

You're a maniac!  The water is still very stiff where I'm from... and I expect it to be for quite a while longer   ;D

But your plane, like Rob's and Glenn's, is looking fantastic! Very fine work from all of you!

And yes.  Lots of yellow   ;)

Robert

octagon

Good job Michael. You really are knocking it.
I decided to make my winglets detachable. I used a backing of 1/4 inch basswood, drilled with blind nuts. Cap bolts from the outside of the winglet mean I should have much less chance of knocking them off getting the wing in or out of the car. I am going to try and do the same with the pontoons. The hardwood braces inside the wing are glued in, so might be able to do the same kind of thing
What could possibly go wrong?

octagon

So after flying this morning and then going and visiting our Granddaughter, I was in a great mood when I got a chance to get down to my workshop. It was really great to see everyone and fun to actually fly. I find that sometimes when building, things go well, and sometimes things end up getting thrown against the wall. Well, this was one of those rare days when everything, everything, went well. I finished sheeting all the unsheeted bits except the left side of the fuse (but that is really pretty simple compared to the control surfaces and all their little cuts and angles). I did the rough sanding of them and then put on the first coat of light weight spackling, and will sand it tomorrow night when it is dry. The nacelles are now a satisfactory fit, and are waiting for the Eflite power 25s that will arrive at Pinnacle soon. After talking with Rob Pike, I plan to put the ESCs on the bottom of the wing in the centre section. They should be cooled as they will be out in the open. I plan to put the receiver up there too with a couple of pigtails for the elevator and rudder, so when assembling the plane at the field ( or hopefully lake or pond) I will only have two servos to plug in. I have to work out the tip floats as I would like to make them detachable like the winglets are. Bruce suggested I just get a bigger car, but somehow I think making them come off is the better solution (my wife concurs) . Anyway, back to the grind tomorrow. God I envy you retired guys, but the end of March is coming, and then I will join you.

Michael

Elevator/stabilizer group covered. To match up the red, I covered as accurately as possible, and then added thin stripes to line up the stab/elev.
Michael

Michael

Fuselage edges and seams covered for aesthetics and water-resistance, then more covering.
Michael

sihinch

Michael

Thanks, Simon.

More wing covering.

Michael

octagon

Nice work Michael. My pilots showed up for training today. Also mounted pontoons and mounted the wing. Happy, it turned out quite square

Michael

Nice pilots!

A bit more work.

Michael