2018 Fall Clean Up- 27/Oct 9:30am~11:30am

Started by gmcnic, October 17, 2018, 02:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

I was thinking it would be nice to do the fall clean up whilst* the temperature was autumn-like...but this weekend looks way too nice.  Sooo, I am now looking at Saturday 27/Oct to do a little tidying up. 

It will be similar to last year focusing on clearing long grass out of the drainage channels, pot hole repairs on the lane, stacking of the lawn chairs, etc.  Garden rakes, shovels, and boots would be great to have with you if you can make it out.

No idea of what the weather at this stage so I shall update later next week.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, honestly.
Cheers,
Graham

*learning from Simon-Sensei :)

sihinch

Good learning Graham!  I'm so pleased that I have been able to leave a legacy.  ;)

Whilst I have a birthday party on 27th, I still plan to attend early.  It will be brilliant!  ;D

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Will be there until I have to leave for my 1 pm appointment at a customer's house.  Will meet at Tim's 30 minutes before the start time of the clean-up.... once Mr Graham posts it.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

Special for you, Frank.  Here is an analog representation of the start time as shown in digital format in the subject line.

I will watch the weather and provide the "go" or "no-go" on Friday.
Graham

Frank v B

MMMM... I see.... the big hand is on the 6 and the small hand is on the 9.  I'll ask one of my kids to translate. ;)
Graham, do your weather dance this week. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Oops.  Just got a call today from a customer..... and the only time the work can be done is this Saturday starting at 9 am.
Don't everyone cheer at once at my absence from the clean-up. :(  Graham will give make-up projects

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: gmcnic on October 21, 2018, 06:12:52 PM
Special for you, Frank.  Here is an analog representation of the start time as shown in digital format in the subject line.

I will watch the weather and provide the "go" or "no-go" on Friday.
Graham

Conditions look perfect!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

re:"Conditions look perfect!   8)".... if you're a duck or a fish. ;D

Frank

octagon

gmcnic

Well folks, things do not appear to be going as planned...

A clean up without Frank vB working in the stream just doesn't seem right.  Andy's overly zealous admiration of rain and snow seems a tad strange.  Along with the poor forecast for tomorrow, I don't think it will be too enjoyable.

So clean up is postponed.
Rescheduled to Saturday, 03/Nov 9:30am~11:30am.

Thank you to those who indicated their availability for tomorrow.  I hope next week works for you as well.

Cheers,
Graham

battlestu

also updated the calendar.

Thanks
Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

octagon

Have to say I am doubtful at this point. One of the Opticians that work for me is going on her honeymoon (how dare she) and it means I have to work her Saturday morning shift, unless the Doctor is not working that day, in which case I will be able to help. Let you know as soon as I know.

bweaver

GOOD CALL GRAHAM!  I don't want to have to move any snow until I really have too.

I will be out next week. (There will be free coffee and donuts to entice ... won't there?)