E F 1 Racing

Started by Polecat, October 21, 2018, 04:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Hi Everyone, sorry for being so late posting the results for our Sept race, as I just found the score cards, while storing the pylon equipment away for the winter.
The race day was cold and damp, with a little rain mixed in, but no wind, so we where able to get the race in, only the crazy pylon racers would do this. Thanks to everyone who came out to race and help.

Results for Sept. 30.                           Results for May 27

Cory Paine       16 Pts   Ft.1:09            Cory Paine          16        1:09
Glen Nikolaiko  15            1:33            Glen Nikolaiko     15        1:32
Mike Baker       14            1:27            Dave Ford           14        1:20
Frank V            13            1:56            Simon Hinchcliffe 14        1:34
Ken Fluney       11            1:20            Michael Rogozinsky14      1:48
Dave Ford        11            1:27            Ken Fluney          12        1:21
Rick Paine         7             1:26            Frank V               10        1:41
Mike Hazelton   3              1:55            Rick Paine             8        1:16
                                                         Mike Baker            8         1:22

As for 2019 racing schedule, I will hold a race in May/June, Sept/Oct.
Hope you all have a good winter and its time to start building a new E F 1 racer, you can never have enough race planes in the hangar.
There is a few kits available now, which would make a good winter build, if interested give me a shout and I can provide the info.
Take care

Ken

Frank v B

Please note that in both races I failed in my mission to come second last. 8)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

Wow  I was terrible...  The good news is, I had fun and my model came home looking like it did when I left (except for all the grass I mowed on to it).

Next year, I might try to use batteries that weren't sold to me in the 80's
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

bweaver

It was so much fun, I bought the company.  Oh no I didn't. 

(I bought an E F 1 Racer!) :)

thehaze

Awesome!!

Someone else to race. Go fast, turn left...
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Polecat

3 good lipos is the most important part of E F 1 racing, try and get the high performance 60 -70c 2600 - 2700amp lipos, they are expensive but well worth the investment. H K carry the 2700's and Dinogy have the 2600 graphene. Dinogy's are available from Ferreira Motorport in the US.

cpaine

Always a good time fellas! welcome Bruce!
maac #26951

bweaver

Any tips you might help me with are appreciated.  I am looking forward to the races.

Thanks!

Polecat

Bruce   Did you get a new ARF kit and what did you get?

bweaver

Quote from: Polecat on October 24, 2018, 10:40:27 PM
Bruce   Did you get a new ARF kit and what did you get?

I bought the E Flite Shoestring and required motor necessary for racing.  I am also seeing if Santa can afford a Little Toni, (recommended by Cory). 

Why two? It's a long drive to Orangeville.  ;D

cpaine

thats awesome Bruce! glad to hear. Shoestring is still one of the best flyers/racers. the Toni is great.. only hang up is its ground handling... I added right thrust to the firewall on my latest one, and take offs are a lot more consistent. still need about 1/4" right rudder to keep it straight.  i also always have a launch, no tail wheels.
maac #26951

Polecat

Quote from: cpaine on October 25, 2018, 10:22:46 AM
thats awesome Bruce! glad to hear. Shoestring is still one of the best flyers/racers. the Toni is great.. only hang up is its ground handling... I added right thrust to the firewall on my latest one, and take offs are a lot more consistent. still need about 1/4" right rudder to keep it straight.  i also always have a launch, no tail wheels.

Bruce  When you are going racing always take a back up racer, funny things happen race.
When you are mounting the motor on the Shoestring put some right trust in by using washers, this really helps, as the String will pull left, as well.