Frank's build class project

Started by Frank v B, October 22, 2018, 10:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Figured out what to build in the next build class.  A bit of a tribute to Mike Brodey who seemed to have a great time flying his tiny Zipper foamy the last few years.

Pilot Kit of the Cobra Z, a plane specifically designed for the little screamer Norvel 061 when it first came out about 20 years ago.  I found the plans cleaning out my work shop.  The plans were adjusted to handle the e-motor.  The nose was lengthened about 1.25" ahead of the firewall to take the place of the tank mount.

It is a 23" span, simple flat and straight wing with symmetrical airfoil.  It is 3 channel (aileron, motor, elevator).  I electrified it about 10 years ago by adding an Emax 2208 on 3 cells with a Cox 5" prop.  It was blazingly fast, very controllable, unlimited vertical and good low speed for landing.  The wing is relatively thick.

Tried to find the kit/plans on the internet but could not find it.

Will make this during the build class so I can show you how to cut balsa, glue, cover and handle the motor and radio installation.

If anyone wants to build one, I will make the plans and templates available.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Re: Tried to find the kit/plans on the internet but could not find it.

@Frank v B  In order to carry out this project, did the plans containing instructions just miraculously appear?  I assume as usual you will disregard all of the instructions accompanying the plans and corresponding photos provided with the plans while you carry out this build.
http://temac.ca/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6809.0;attach=24439;image

In order to help you moving forward with this project, I would suggest checking for the plans at home before looking further on the internet.

Great project by the way.  (I think many TEMAC members with little building experience would benefit from building a plane of this nature, or at the least be entertained at build classes.) 

Also please refer to further information about tonight's build class. http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6805.msg44696.html#msg44696