Winter Meeting (11/14/18)

Started by battlestu, November 06, 2018, 03:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

Hello all,

For our next winter meeting, I had a little help from my friends... thank you, Bruce and Frank,

Tips, Tricks and Tools.

You are encouraged to bring out tools or gadgets that make magic out of the many tasks we routinely are challenged within our hobby. Describe and/or demonstrate how/why the tool works best for them.

Also for those who don't have tools to bring in, every member is encouraged to jot down ideas and their past experiences involving repairs, builds, flying, safety and other model aircraft hobby related tips that they have found helpful. Share the information with your friends attending the meeting.

For example, what thing(s) do you bring to the field that you feel are essential and wouldn't come to the field without it?

Don't be afraid to share. Don't be afraid of duplications - Share and learn at the next meeting.

In order to facilitate the discussions, those attending will be asked to only discuss or demonstrate one thing at a time. After the introduction matter introduction, other members are invited to contribute to the subject matter. Then someone else can start a new topic, and others contribute. Then on it goes...

The evening should be fun and informative.
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

I would like to apologise and explain to all members why the last Pilot's Meeting was held in the bar.

When we arrived, we were informed that the downstairs room (that we lease and had paid for) was under renovation.  We had not been told about this in advance.

I would like to thank @bweaver  for his quick-thinking and innovation, for creating space for a "gathering" to take place in the bar.

We will talk with the Management of Colonel Mustard's and ensure we are refunded, and also check whether the room will be ready for the next build class.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience to all who attended.  But I think you still had fun, right?  :)

bweaver

As always, I have fun being with TEMAC members regardless of where, when, or under what circumstances we get together.  :)

And further Simon, I am not accepting your apology, because you do not have to apologize for circumstances that were not within your control

In my opinion, you have been a principal driver in the club, facilitating its atmosphere, the fun and activities we share and have become accustomed to.

Frank v B

Bruce,

Thanks for the quick thinking last night and not giving up.  The (poor) photos I posted clearly show that people had a good time or were uniformly successful in faking it. ;D

Thanks for the 5 minute epoxy prize, along with the timer you gave me last year. I am totally set for the building season.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"