• November 15, 2018, 10:05:57 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: MAAC Owner Contact Information on Model Aircraft over 250g?  (Read 112 times)

Offline Oscar

• Ace
MAAC Owner Contact Information on Model Aircraft over 250g?
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »
Hello,

I read an article earlier that stated

https://secure.maac.ca/get_document.php?document_id=396

... members apply an owner’s identification tag/label; or a copy of the member’s electronic membership card; or a copy of the members MAAC card to their model aircraft containing the members contact identification listed below:
a. Members MAAC number (required);
b. MAAC, website address (required);
c. MAAC office phone number “or” members home/cell phone number (required); and
d. Members name (optional).

Is it mandatory now?  And does it mean we have to do it in order to fly in TEMAC field? 

Online Richard_RC_Guy

• Pilot
  • TEMAC #: 295
  • Started Flying RC: 2013
Re: MAAC Owner Contact Information on Model Aircraft over 250g?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:39:09 pm »
Hi Oscar:

Yes you are *now* required to identify all your RC flying machines over 250 g.

Easiest way is to print out page 3 of this document:
https://secure.maac.ca/get_document.php?document_id=396

There are 24 small labels (bare minimum information that is required). I filled in my name and MAAC # with a pen. I cut out each label and covered it with packing tape front and back to waterproof it. You can tape the labels on inside (battery hatch, etc) or on outside of aircraft.

I think that we have to identify our aircraft even if we fly at the TEMAC field (easy enough to print and tape the provided labels).

Regards,

Richard B.

Offline mawz

• Airman
  • Started Flying RC: 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:52:32 am »
Yes, this is mandatory on all aircraft over 250g (under 250g are not regulated).

This is part of an agreement between MAAC and Transport Canada.

The minimum requirement is the MAAC Membership number and either MAAC's contact info (Website + office phone) or the member's (Name, + contact phone). You do not need to put MAAC's website info if you are using your contact info (as per Roy Rymer, ZD-E)

Offline Candu

• Captain
  • TEMAC #: 183
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 10:10:06 am »
MAAC's MPPD document states that it's "pending amendments" proposed by Transport Canada but I feel it will be a requirement sooner or later.

The MPPD is quite clear on what is required but I feel what's lacking in the MPPD is MAAC's policy relating to how, what, to whom membership data are to be released. Would MAAC be releasing membership information to requests from anybody off the street asking for it or would MAAC be releasing information only to authorities (police,Transport Canada, etc.)? What membership information would be released (address, phone number, etc.)? 

Online Richard_RC_Guy

• Pilot
  • TEMAC #: 295
  • Started Flying RC: 2013
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 11:14:47 am »
Hi Frank:

You are right that the Transport regs are “pending” but MAAC Document #10 makes it clear that it is a *MAAC* requirement to now identify all your aircraft with the suggested minimum info provided as sample labels etc. It says they have “reinstated the requirement to identify.....”

So if you are a MAAC MEMBER then you must comply now with Doc #10 directives.

You make other good points - who can get your private info?  We drive cars etc. And thayhave oinly plate and VIN numbers - not your name etc.

Regards,
Richard B.