The Chuckle Corner - Humor

Started by bweaver, November 12, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

@electroflyer - Is a 'bump' not as severe as a 'knock'?   :)

octagon

I was sheeting the bottom of the CL 415 wing tonight. Somehow, although I did not realize it at the time, I got a chunk of CA caught in my goatee. It was stuck fast to my face by the time I found it. I pried it off with my fingernails, but do you know how painful it is to loose face skin and face hair at the same time? Ouch.
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on November 29, 2018, 07:55:16 PM
I was sheeting the bottom of the CL 415 wing tonight. Somehow, although I did not realize it at the time, I got a chunk of CA caught in my goatee. It was stuck fast to my face by the time I found it. I pried it off with my fingernails, but do you know how painful it is to loose face skin and face hair at the same time? Ouch.
A photo would be REALLY nice!!!

Andy

bweaver

@octagon - That CA is some crazy stuff. 

I have a habit of removing the cap and placing the tip of the CA bottle close to my ear and squeeze the bottle of CA before I use it.  I do this to see if the nozzle opening is clear. 

Not that long ago when I was doing this, there was no sound of air escaping, meaning the tip was initially plugged, but then I felt the bottle squeeze more easily and I could hear the air quickly escape.  I assumed it was just a minor plug near the tip and proceeded to continue with my gluing task at hand. 

A while later when having a shower, I felt some sort of abnormal bulging thing on my earlobe.  It wouldn't wash off.   I looked in the mirror, and there it was; I had a big glob of dried CA attached to my earlobe. 

Did you know earlobes have little hairs on them too?  So yes I have had a similar experience.  'OUCH'  :o was a good way to describe it! 

No @Andy Hoffer , I do not have photos.

sihinch

Quote from: bweaver on November 29, 2018, 10:49:23 PM

I have a habit of removing the cap and placing the tip of the CA bottle close to my ear and squeeze the bottle of CA before I use it.  I do this to see if the nozzle opening is clear. 

You do know Bruce that your ears are for hearing and your eyes are for seeing?!  ;D

Michael

OK, I've never told anyone this story before.

Several years ago, my great friend Jack (may he rest in peace) asked me to leave work early and meet him at the Toronto RC club to help him test fly a new model he had built.

I went to meet him. He was standing there at one of the tables, getting ready to fly. No one else was there.

We started talking for a while, close to the table, and then, accidentally, he knocked forward the throttle stick on his transmitter. The propeller started spinning at full speed and instantly hit him in the 'sausage' area. Not the beans, but right on the 'sausage'.

He yelled and screamed.

Soon, he calmed down, but obviously still in pain.

He then asked me for a favour. He was worried he was seriously injured, and wondered if he needed to go to the hospital in case he was cut and bleeding. I don't know if you all remember Jack, but he had a big belly; a really big belly. There was no way he could actually directly see if there was an injury.

So, he asked me to inspect the 'sausage' for damage. Right there at the club, out in the open.

I did. His 'sausage' was intact.

We then said nothing, and went back to flying.

We never spoke about it again.

;D
Michael

Andy Hoffer

@Michael ,

I'm sure you remember the famous dream scene from Fiddler on the Roof.  I think you can expect a visit from our dear friend Jack this evening!!  Let us know how that turns out. 8)

Andy

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

RogMason

Whoa!  Sometimes ship happens?
I'm parking in Uxbridge from now on...
'Roger That...'

bweaver

This one is for Ben and the other follically challenged members of the club.

According to NASA...

octagon

The other night I found another thing NOT to do with CA. Don't get it on your tongue!

bweaver

The building that is going on here now is really getting serious.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on December 05, 2018, 03:33:12 PM
The other night I found another thing NOT to do with CA. Don't get it on your tongue!

@octagon

Hi Rob,

So... could you tell us exactly how you came to this revelation?!!!  Photos would be really nice.  :D

Awaiting your further pedagogical gems,

Andy

octagon

Yes well. So, suppose you have built the front of a model with white glue, which is water soluble. Now you need to bend some of the stringers into shape. So you spray everything with Windex cause it makes balsa do what you want it to do. BUT, it also dissolves the glue holding the joints of the stringers. So now you have both hands, a knee, an elbow and your forehead holding everything together. Quick, what will fix this?  CA!!!! Take the lid off with your mouth. Squirt. Now my tongue is the recipient of a nice squirt of CA. You had to be there.

Frank v B

Rob,

re:"Now my tongue is the recipient of a nice squirt of CA."

Peace at last! ;D 
I want to have an argument with you before the CA lets go! ;)

Frank

ps: hope everything ended up fine.
"Never trade luck for skill"