The Chuckle Corner - Humor

Started by bweaver, November 12, 2018, 10:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Let's start a new thread where everyone is invited to share a funny story or some other form of humor that is somewhat related to our hobby. 

Share that piece of humor that caused you to smile, laugh, chuckle, giggle, or at the least, smirk. 

Only post one selection of humor per post.

Don't forget to give credit and information relating to the source.

For example, my first selection provided below comes from the Facebook, 'Grumpy Old Folk'.

Only one rule: BE SOMEWHAT TASTEFUL!

Oscar

bweaver

Re: Does this count?

It certainly does!  Ha, ha, ah, ha! 

(The truth, can be a funny thing.)  Not many of us can be that strong...

and in that vane, I am glad to see we (RC fliers) aren't alone.

bweaver

I was flying indoors on Monday evening.  I nearly got a basket.

(I see you smirking)

sihinch

I think this one is clever!

bweaver

@sihinch - And with that introduction, the word for the day is...

bweaver

This chuckle is from a Facebook post made by ‎Mike Renner‎ on the Foam Model Aircraft Constructors site.

Crazyflyer

One for the build group!

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"I was flying indoors on Monday evening.  I nearly got a basket."

A two or three point attempt?? 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

@Frank v B - Re your comment - A two or three point attempt?? 8)

Flying indoors isn't a team sport Frank.  I would have been happy to have missed the backboard altogether. 

In the event you care, the plane is repaired and hopefully the plane will sense and avoid suspended obstacles in the future.  (I know I haven't acquired that skill yet, but am working on it.)  :-*

electroflyer

Well Monday we went to TEMAC for 1:30PM. The conditions were outstanding, mild wind, comfortable temperatures with no need for gloves as there was stinging wind chill to contend with.
There was also 10+cm of snow on the ground which had actually stuck and held. Everything was perfect except, .....no wait Someone was missing....What No Andy...What??????

Didn't Hoffer get the memo??

Frank v B

Glenn,

Sometimes Hofferless flying is missing something. 8)  He is in a place that doesn't even have the internet so we have total freedom.

He will be back in business tomorrow. I am getting ready for the abuse.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: electroflyer on November 22, 2018, 08:58:56 AM
    Well Monday we went to TEMAC for 1:30PM. The conditions were outstanding, mild wind, comfortable temperatures with no need for gloves as there was stinging wind chill to contend with.
There was also 10+cm of snow on the ground which had actually stuck and held. Everything was perfect except, .....no wait Someone was missing....What No Andy...What??????

Didn't Hoffer get the memo??

Well, well, well! what have we here?!!  After all the glowing WINTER Flying reports manifest at the Morning Crew lunch yesterday, I knew I had timed my return from BC perfectly.  The conditions at the field today were magnificent: sunny skies, decorated with beautiful high cirrus, moderate to brisk SSE winds, and a delicious wind chill of -8oC.  It is so nice to be back in a parka, snow pants, and snowmobile boots.  The crusty snow was perfect for the skis and genuine Andy Boy bungees on my Funtana, and my Warwings flew unharassed!!!  It really is a nice aircraft when free from the normal crowd of blood-thirsty avian predators.  The three snow geese who flew over honked their approval.  Looking forward to seeing the crowds at TEMAC this winter.  It doesn't get any better!

Cheers!

"Snowballs" Hoffer

bweaver

I didn't think the MAAC number on the plane had to be that big?

Andy Hoffer

Wow!  THAT is a great bird strike!!

Andy