Nov 28 Build class is ON

Started by Frank v B, November 26, 2018, 08:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Thank you Andy for contacting the venue to confirm it is ready for us this Wednesday and the Christmas Party Pilot's Meeting on December 5.

Here's hoping:

CL 415 Members........The CL 415 Club build members can show off their work to date.  The build team consists of Michael, Glenn and Rob D.
Piker- here's hoping you can make it to coach the CL 415 builders.
Bruce- will probably be foaming from the mouth with his latest Warwing effort.
Frank-two parts:  I will bring the Funster I am working on to convert it to tricycle gear.... and start the Cobra build.  This is a 24" span rocket.  As simple as it can get.  I will start out by cutting out the parts (ribs, fuse sides).  The rest of the plane will be built in its entirety in the build classes. The only prep work I did was to make a rib template out of styrene.
Simon- if he can make will probably bring his foam SPACE SHUTTLE

Draw prize.  Remember that if you attend this build class, your name will be entered into the P-51 draw.

Frank

ps: the only reason this is a new post is so it shows up on the new message summary on the cover page.  We want to make sure everyone gets the notice.
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

It's great to hear the build class is back on!

I will be supporting the aquatic theme with my continuation of my Macchi M-33 repair.  I will either be tackling the challenge of re-sheeting the underside of the flying boat hull or, if I get that done tonight, I'll fibreglass the area of new sheeting.  Anyone interested can watch me fumble my way through it.  I work with glass and resin so rarely these days that every time feels like a new experience... with new mistakes and challenges.

See ya'll there!!!

Robert

sihinch

The Space Shuttle is preparing for transit!

BJROB

I'm going to bring my BF 109 for upgrading tips
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

Great to see
- Piker can make it.
- Simon can make it with his shuttle.  Does it have a Canadarm?
- BJ- I will help you with the conversion.  Repeat after me "I believe......"  :D

Frank

Frank v B

The meeting was fun with the usual suspects present.

- Michael and Rob were 415-ing each other.
- Piker was describing how his flying boat went in
- BJ brought his low-tech FW in to discuss how to upgrade it.  More power it.
- Bruce gave his 2 cents worth on the FW subject
- Rob D. was creating dust.
- Simon was shuttling foam about all evening.

Frank

bweaver

And Frank contributed to the evening too...

Frank v B

Bruce,

Are you ever going to get a lecture about exposure, flash in-fill etc. from Andy.
I will change the subject if it comes up at tomorrow's State Dinner at WeaverHouse. ;)

Frank

bweaver

@Frank v B - It's not a problem with the exposure, flash fill-in, etc.  Don't blame it on the camera.  You can only do so much with the subject matter.  :-*