Day Trip - Off to the National Air Force Museum Tomorrow

Started by bweaver, December 11, 2018, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

A number of adventuresome Morning Crew members are taking to the road tomorrow to experience the sights and history offered at National Air Force Museum in Trenton.

Many in the crew have been planning this trip for some time now.  The logistics of the organization were something to comprehend. Everything thing from determining a suitable date, transportation and arranging for a meeting place for lunch were some of the considerations.  Ensuring great weather for the road trip was paramount.

Follow this post for future pictures.  They will be likely added to the post starting tomorrow and more added in the following days.   Does anyone have have special requests?

I am looking forward to it. :D

battlestu

have a great time... we always stop in when we pick up a kid from cadet camp... here is a picture of all my favorite girls together :)

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

It's a great museum.  They actually have the Tutor that I flew when I was with the Snowbirds.....

octagon

Quote from: sihinch on December 11, 2018, 01:13:06 PM
It's a great museum.  They actually have the Tutor that I flew when I was with the Snowbirds.....

A picture of our fearless leader climbing vertically with no seat belts and the cockpit thrown open in the most cavalier of ways! Even his hair is almost perfect!
What could possibly go wrong?

battlestu

Quote from: octagon on December 11, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

A picture of our fearless leader climbing vertically with no seat belts and the cockpit thrown open in the most cavalier of ways! Even his hair is almost perfect!

does anyone else have highway to the danger zone playing in the back of the head when they see this photo:
https://youtu.be/siwpn14IE7E

go get em Mav...
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

bweaver

Quote from: battlestu on December 11, 2018, 03:51:11 PM
Quote from: octagon on December 11, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

does anyone else have highway to the danger zone playing in the back of the head when they see this photo:
https://youtu.be/siwpn14IE7E

go get em Mav...

Not even close...  ;D

bweaver

We made it there and back...  Excellent driving conditions.  (Andy H decided to take his own car and hold Lawrence hostage for the trip to and from.)

Our trip started out from various locations because of car pooling.  A total of fourteen of us made it to the Museum.  It started with lunch at noon at Harveys and Swiss Chalet in Trenton.   

Then we were off to the Museum. 

Here's a few pictures just to get some things started.

Michael

Great photos, and it looks like you guys had a great time!

Michael

bweaver

A few more pics. 

Do you see the difference?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on December 13, 2018, 10:15:01 AM
A few more pics. 

Do you see the difference?

Of course @bweaver !

The canopy is open and the prop is vertical in photos 62 and 66; canopy is closed and the prop is almost horizontal in photos 67, 68, and 71!!!   Also, the plane in photos 67 and 68 has two truck horns on the starboard side to warn other pilots to get out of the way.  8)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Dr. John expertly practices ground manoeuvring a Harvard with a tug!

Andy Hoffer

A few low-pass reconnaissance photos!

Andy Hoffer

The friendly and enthusiatic Lancaster restoration crew were a wealth of information and insights.  They wisely kept us from poking around in their shop, despite our best salivation efforts!  :D

bweaver

A few more aircraft photos...

Frank v B

Good news:  My wife and I have to be in Trenton on Thursday, Jan 3.  We will see if the museum is open. 
Our youngest son (28) is with the Canadian Airforce and is returning to his base in Winnipeg.  This time he is flying back on the Air Force Airbus.  Last year he came home on a C130 and spent the entire flight hoping the control cables would not break  They were all visible and all were moving all the time.  ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"