Day Trip - Off to the National Air Force Museum Tomorrow

Started by bweaver, December 11, 2018, 10:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on December 21, 2018, 02:12:00 PM
Good news:  My wife and I have to be in Trenton on Thursday, Jan 3.  We will see if the museum is open. 
Our youngest son (28) is with the Canadian Airforce and is returning to his base in Winnipeg.  This time he is flying back on the Air Force Airbus.  Last year he came home on a C130 and spent the entire flight hoping the control cables would not break  They were all visible and all were moving all the time.  ;D

Frank

hey @Frank v B

Be sure to visit the C130 simulator and re-enact @bweaver 's iconic tableau as captured for posterity by Karl Mandjik.  Pay close attention to the use of the appropriate finger! 8)

Andy

bweaver

Then you should have seen what happened after I pressed the button...  ::)

Too bad you weren't there. 

Then Karl was afraid to press it again.  :-\

sihinch

Quote from: Frank v B on December 21, 2018, 02:12:00 PM
Last year he came home on a C130 and spent the entire flight hoping the control cables would not break  They were all visible and all were moving all the time.  ;D

Frank

I think I was flying the C130 back to Trenton, that day, Frank!

Frank v B

Went to the Trenton museum yesterday with my wife to deliver our son Tom back to the Air Force at the Trenton airfield.  He was flying back to Winnipeg.  He is now a captain and handles logistics.  He flies a desk, not a plane.  For those of you who years ago attended the Bramal-E-Fly, Tom was the kid who always sold the drinks and handled the transmitter impound.

The outside display was closed because of ice/snow.

There was lots of evidence the TEMAC people had been there:
photo 56- Bruce's playpen.  He enforces the safety rules with authority. :) or was it that he is taking this Warwing combat waaaayyyy too seriously?
photo 57- Gotta watch my airplanes from now on just in case Andy gets any bright ideas from this photo. ;D  Note: the Navy obviously got involved in this display.  That is a proper eye splice and with one extra weave (normal            is 3) and a proper whipped end with waxed whipping thread and properly coiled for inspection.  The bitter end is whipped as well.  That detail is cool if you have spent any time on a boat.
photo 59- Bruce and Andy on one of Andy's weekend flying excursions.  There is a reason Andy does not throw away old bikes.  Spare parts for his plane. ;)
photo 60- Andy is a general aviation buff.  I found his airplane. ;D  He has to put a loonie in the coin slot every time he wants to go flying. 8)

A neat place.  Watched the entire movie on the Halifax restoration project.  It is neat to see the flight crews' personal appreciation and admiration for the plane that got them home safely after each mission.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"