Warwings Damage Report - Dec 19 2018

Started by Andy Hoffer, December 19, 2018, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

@bweaver and I had a lovely combative afternoon.

Following the fine example of our CFI, I successfully circumcised his Warwings ESC!!   ;D

Ken Yu kindly obliged us with photos of the carnage and then successfully maidened his new jet.  Way to go Ken!

Andy

bweaver

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on December 19, 2018, 05:17:37 PM
@bweaver and I had a lovely combative afternoon.

Following the fine example of our CFI, I successfully circumcised his Warwings ESC!!   ;D

Ken Yu kindly obliged us with photos of the carnage and then successfully maidened his new jet.  Way to go Ken!

Andy

And like the gentleman he is, (yes I'm referring to @Andy Hoffer ,cough, cough) he repaired my damaged ESC because he really enjoys the challenge of trying to do it again...  Good luck Andy -  A New Years Morning challenge approaches.

bweaver

Further @Andy Hoffer  regarding your comments in another post -

"You could also consider doing a Platinum version Warwing with a rudder, leaving you with a complete spare servo to repair battle damage.  This format elicits no end of entertaining grimaces and disparaging remarks from @bweaver !! It also provides that little extra maneuverability for eviscerating someone else's Warwing ESC  (http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6853.msg45164.html#msg45164) instead of just chasing his tail!!!   :D"

Andy

I am diligently repairing my damaged Warwing.  Please refer to the photos below that depict the exercise of how I am upgrading my damaged Warwing to be a Platinum version.  Yes I have saved the servo in this installation too as you have suggested. 

I think Andy,  based upon our last challenge, had your rudder worked to enhance your Warwing's maneuverability, you could have avoided the damage to your aircraft and the evisceration decapitation of your motor from your fuselage. 

Please everyone understand, on a Warwing, FUNCTIONAL RUDDERS ARE OVERRATED.