MAAC project (rubber powered)- the Minnow

Started by Frank v B, January 10, 2019, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

At last night's Pilots' Meeting, Athol assigned the glider and the rubber powered beginner project to the least capable TEMAC member... and Adam Maas (Mawz).  Adam volunteered to do the glider and will post his build separately.

This report will be on the rubber powered "Minnow".  It is a 16 1/4" span rubber band model with wheels.  It is capable of 50 plus second flights outdoors when flown by free flight experts.  I should therefore be able to get 5 second flights out of it. :D

Contents- the photo shows all the contents.  The balsa pieces are laser cut, the motor stick is pre-cut, pre-shaped.  The wire hook is already glued in place. The paper covering is also pre-cut.

I will be building it with Carpenter's glue (Lepage Express quick dry) since it is safe for beginners (versus epoxy or CA).

Reading... and following the instructions will be the toughest part... because I'm a typical man..who doesn't read instructions.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

And the covering is the correct colour for you!!

Frank v B

Piker,

Yep!

Did you notice that the wingtips on the UHU last night were red white and blue.  There is a theme here.*

Frank

* all sports teams from Holland wear Orange... when given the choice.  The Dutch Royal family is from the "House of Orange".   Second choice is red/white/blue...the flag.
"Never trade luck for skill"