Jan. 29, 2019 - TEMAC Tickler - Coming events ....

Started by Michael, January 29, 2019, 07:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

We've been invited to an indoor funfly.

Jeff Johnston, Coordinator for Indoor Flying at the Radio Control Flying Club of Toronto has extended an invitation to TEMAC members to attend their upcoming indoor flying event on February 3, 2019 (8:30am to 11:30am) at St John Paul II Catholic Secondary School, 685 Military Trail, Toronto, ON, M1E 4P6. Cost is $15 at the door by cash, debit or credit card. They are interested in exploring a partnership with TEMAC for future indoor flying events.

Next Pilot's meeting, Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019.

As usual, we meet at Colonel Mustard's, 6545 Hwy 7, Markham, upstairs for dinner anytime starting at 5 pm (most arrive around 6 pm). Eat and talk with friends, and then head downstairs for our meeting at about 7:30. This meeting is our annual Swap Meet, so bring things you want to sell, and bring money if you want to buy. We'll have a small but fun auction of items donated by John Kusturin, one of our founding members. Of course, we'll also have our usual Show and Tell, so bring your latest model, project or innovation to share with all of us.

Crash of the Year Award!

We'll be voting for the 2018 Crash of the Year award out at our Feb. meeting. Try to remember those wonderful crashes and be ready make your nominations!

Michael

sihinch

sihinch

Just to whet the appetite for this week's swap meet, I thought I post some info of at least 2 models that I am going to bring for sale.....

Hacker 49" EPP Sbach with scorpion motor, ESC, Futaba servos and light system (for night flying.)  Just at Rx and 3S lipo and away you go!

Seagull Grob Tutor G115 assembled balsa model with 67" wing span, includes 2 flap servos.  Needs aileron, elevator & rudder servos plus 46 size motor and ESC for 5S.

Also for sale, Lander 90mm metal EDF unit for 6S. Brand new & un-used.

I'm just off to my hangar now to collect some more....

Michael

I am bringing a 90-size electric-powered pattern plane with motor and ESC and servos; 30-size Hacker-powered electric-powered pattern plane with motor and ESC and servos; 20-size Hacker-powered electric-powered aerobatic plane with motor and ESC and servos; electric retracts, ducted fans, 80-amp esc, servos, Spectrum receivers, and more all very cheap !!!!
Michael

AlexShao

Hi Simon,

The ESC for 90mm EDF should be 100Amp, right?

Quote from: sihinch on February 09, 2019, 11:40:22 AM
Just to whet the appetite for this week's swap meet, I thought I post some info of at least 2 models that I am going to bring for sale.....

Hacker 49" EPP Sbach with scorpion motor, ESC, Futaba servos and light system (for night flying.)  Just at Rx and 3S lipo and away you go!

Seagull Grob Tutor G115 assembled balsa model with 67" wing span, includes 2 flap servos.  Needs aileron, elevator & rudder servos plus 46 size motor and ESC for 5S.

Also for sale, Lander 90mm metal EDF unit for 6S. Brand new & un-used.

I'm just off to my hangar now to collect some more....

Michael

Today's meeting is on, despite the fact that it's winter in Canada.  ;D
Michael

Frank v B

A fun evening.  Approximately 24  people attended despite the rough weather. Those of us who attended were obviously the desperate ones. :)

Great to see "Good Looking' " Ken Ross at the meeting.  We helped him empty a bedroom for his sister by auctioning off some of his planes.  Ken's sister will be staying in one of his hangars now that there is room.

Thank you Michael for your auctioning talents and your endless product descriptions like "DuBro dodads" and "thingies" and "airplane stuff".  The proceeds of the items donated by John Kusturin and auctioned off this evening will go into the TEMAC kitty to allow Michael to upgrade to Kosher hot dogs for all club events this year.  Andy knows exactly how many shekels were raised for the club once he gets enough fingers and toes to count on and carries the "2". ;D

Also great to see Simon officially joining in on the heckling from the peanut gallery.  He is now a heckler instead of a heckelee.   His talents are endless. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Quote from: Frank v B on February 13, 2019, 11:13:22 PM

Also great to see Simon officially joining in on the heckling from the peanut gallery.

Frank

He's a natural!  Did take him long to come up to speed.