Kitchener Swap meet this Saturday, Jan 19

Started by Frank v B, January 14, 2019, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

anyone game to join me on a trip to Kitchener this Saturday??

I hope the usual suspects weigh in.  Rob D., Glenn N., Cadez.

We usually get there in time for the opening (10 am) and then have an early lunch before we head home.

Frank

Info from Oscar's post:

The KW Flying Dutchmen Radio Control Model Club will be holding their Annual Swap Meet on Saturday, Jan 19th, 2019 at the Waterloo Rod & Gun Club Main Hall 1075 Bode Lane, St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2N0

9:00am - 10:00 am Vendor Setup
10:00am - 2:00 pm General Public
Admission: $5.00 per person and Kids under 12 Free
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

I'm in. Where can we meet? Who else? I can drive if you want, although if Cadez does his normal swap meet thing 2 of you will have to ride home on the roof so his planes can get inside!
What could possibly go wrong?

AlexShao

AlexShao

Got 2 futaba standard servos for warwing...

Quote from: Frank v B on January 14, 2019, 07:51:08 PM
anyone game to join me on a trip to Kitchener this Saturday??

I hope the usual suspects weigh in.  Rob D., Glenn N., Cadez.

We usually get there in time for the opening (10 am) and then have an early lunch before we head home.

Frank

Info from Oscar's post:

The KW Flying Dutchmen Radio Control Model Club will be holding their Annual Swap Meet on Saturday, Jan 19th, 2019 at the Waterloo Rod & Gun Club Main Hall 1075 Bode Lane, St. Jacobs, ON N0B 2N0

9:00am - 10:00 am Vendor Setup
10:00am - 2:00 pm General Public
Admission: $5.00 per person and Kids under 12 Free

octagon

How was the meet Alex? Sorry I could not make it. Under the weather with a cold.
What could possibly go wrong?

AlexShao

It's good. I met Frank.

Quote from: octagon on January 19, 2019, 03:14:08 PM
How was the meet Alex? Sorry I could not make it. Under the weather with a cold.

Frank v B

Cadez and I ventured out.  Made the "go" decision at 7:30 this morning.  Attendance was way down on both the vendor and buyer side.  Heard some people say the drive in from the south was awful.  Put the words "Cadez", "car", "swap meet" in one sentence and nothing will stop him. :D

Got the chance to hurl challenges (well, insults really) to our EF-1 buddies.  Dave, Rick, Cory and Ken F.  Everything will be settled on the race course in the spring.  We are going to be soooo schooled in pylon racing... again. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Was great having chat with the Temac E F 1 guys at the swap meet. Tried to talk Frank into buying an Outrageous build kit but didn't have any bits, as we say when fishing the bit was off. The crowd was really down and two or three empty tables, but the tables where all sold.
As for E F 1 racing, I will be sending out an email this week, with the race dates, they will be the same time of year, early spring and fall.
If anyone is interested getting to racing, I have a couple of planes for sale, a Pole Cat and Dara, also I have the new all white Outrageous ARF coming.

Go Fast Turn Left
Ken