Build Class March 27th - Free Standard Size Servos

Started by bweaver, March 25, 2019, 04:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

This Wednesday evening's build class is the second last class scheduled for this winter season.

@Frank v B advised me that he and Fred Messacar cleaned out an RC modeler's basement and recovered 16 standard size servos, all in working condition.  Frank gave them to me and suggested offering them to TEMAC Warwing builders for use in their aircraft.  From my experience they will work perfectly for this purpose.  Just what the Doctor ordered. 8 sets free for the picking. Just show up.

By the way, I also have 3 warwing kits remaining that still have to make it to their new homes for this coming Combat season.  (As I recall @ppalumbo ordered two and @SeeFernando had ordered one.  Both of these fine fellows couldn't make it out to the build class when I distributed them to the masses last time.  I hope they show up this Wednesday to pick up their WW kits.)     

Oh yeh, and don't forget the P51 draw courtesy of John's Hobbies. http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6813.msg44714.html#msg44714 .

Come out to the build class for an evening of fun and excitement. 

Be there or be square.  Arrive early for dinner.

Frank v B

Thanks Bruce.

This Wednesday's build class will .... hopefully.....be the first one without a snow storm.  The last two build classes were in the middle of large snow storms.  Only the really desperate could make it.

- Bring your models under construction to Wednesday's class.  We will either solve the problems for you or create more problems for you.
- get another entry into the P-51 draw for all those people attending.  The draw will take place at the end of the meeting.
- I will bring the plans for those people who bought the $1.00 plans.
- Cadez will get his OS 91...for free. (ps: GreatHobbies shows it as $319.00 plus HST!!)

We will make sure the insult exchange will be in good form.  It has to be.  Bruce is back!! ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

NASA contacted me - they are sending the Space Shuttle Orbiter!  ;D

piker

I'm looking forward to it!

I'll bring my build class (repair) project that has been crawling along since the first class this year. 

Robert

octagon

I just started a Brian Taylor FW190 60 size. Would like to get the wings done before flying season so I will probably bring that. If not, then the CL415 and I will be installing the control horns on the flying surfaces.
What could possibly go wrong?

SeeFernando

I'm going to try to make it!

I have some landing gear I "landed" on... that could use some love...

Also I think I have money for people, @Skyking917 , @bweaver and @Andy Hoffer, I'll try not to forget my wallet... ::)
-Chris

mawz

Looks like I won't be making it. Got stuck on a training gig this week that's 8-6 PST.

A pity, since I was hoping to do the wing setup on my Supra Pro ( http://f3j.in.ua/supra-pro-family.html )

ppalumbo

@bweaver Hi Bruce, I'll swing by this evening. Thanks for holding on to it for me.  Peter

Frank v B

The dirty dozen met at the building class.

10 people wrote their final exams by building a Spitfire or Hurricane.  Simon wrote his Masters Degree by building a Home Depot Helicopter.

Fun evening.  I can feel the itch working its way around the room to go flying.

Cadez won the P-51 donated by John's Hobbies.  I guess from one hobby shop to another. ;D

Some photos

Frank

Frank v B

More photos of people writing their exams.

BJROB

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

bweaver

I finally made out to last nights build class, after being unable to attend a few pilot's meetings and build classes due to a flue bug, a cold that won't go away and a vacation in Mexico.

It was nice to see everyone that made it out. 

It was a lot of fun.  Frank's final exam was great fun for the builders and also to watch everyone constructing their personal miniature model aircraft.

To say the least, I was really impressed with Simon's blue foam Space Shuttle. It looks great. 

It looks so great that after seeing it and talking with Simon, his project has enticed me into building two versions of the JD2 Dyke Delta. 
Version 1 - Standard blue foam, using blue foam for a flat wing, blue foam boxed and shaped fuselage, etc, and
Version 2 - Using a combination of foam materials with a built up wing, fuselage, depron and other materials as described at last nights meeting.

It was also nice to be able to divest myself of the remaining Warwing kits and the servos that were provided by Frank. 

Will there be another build class?  I don't know.  ???

Frank v B

C'mon Simon,

Look at Bruce's picture of the Shuttle.  What glue joints???  It will surely pass the 50'@50kmh rule.  Stop worrying about the glue joints and just finish it.  It will fly (all your mistakes are symmetrical) and it will look great.  A purple prop?????  Maiden-fest, here comes Simon.

Frank