Build Class- Feb 27 2019

Started by Frank v B, February 26, 2019, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The build class is slated for tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb 27 at 6 pm.

The weather forecast does not look good but I am heading out regardless.  Hope to be there for dinner at about 5:30.

Cadez is supposed to bring his DR1 repair job- fixing a broken wing spar after first removing a pound of epoxy.  I am bringing my finished Cobra and repaired DG 1000 power glider.

Hope to see you there.

Frank

I will bring all the $1:00 plans and the UBEC for Alex.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

I have to work late today, and can't make this one (again!).

I hope the weather doesn't adversely affect attendance.

Anyway, if any of you enjoy the fun of the build classes and meetings, please remember that there are not many meetings left before flying season.

Despite the bad weather, things will change soon, and we will probably be flying in 2 months.
Michael

piker

I'm looking forward to it as I missed the last one because of a snow storm and my need to pick my wife up from work.  This time she's on her own!   :o

I've started to recover the flying surfaces on my Macchi M33 repair, and I'm excited about the new (to me) covering material and process I'm using.  You'll have to come out to the build class to see what I'm talking about.

This new process does offer many benefits, but also some small challenges on the M33.  As a result I'll be making some adjustments to the smaller surfaces to overcome these challenges.  If you come to the build class tonight you will see what I'm talking about, and it'll be your last chance to see the covering at this current, very pretty stage before I move to the next steps and it evolves into a finished plane.

See Ya'll there!

Robert

BJROB

I need to come.... but it's too rough out there.... I may pass if the roads don't get better
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

AlexShao

I will come with another NONAME kit.

Quote from: Frank v B on February 26, 2019, 11:28:37 PM
The build class is slated for tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb 27 at 6 pm.

The weather forecast does not look good but I am heading out regardless.  Hope to be there for dinner at about 5:30.

Cadez is supposed to bring his DR1 repair job- fixing a broken wing spar after first removing a pound of epoxy.  I am bringing my finished Cobra and repaired DG 1000 power glider.

Hope to see you there.

Frank

I will bring all the $1:00 plans and the UBEC for Alex.

mawz

I won't be making it, the roads are downright nasty in my neighbourhood.

Frank v B

For those of us who weathered the storm...

Pick one:
- we are waayyy to focussed on model airplanes
- we are too desperate to talk model airplanes
- once we told our wives we were not going to be home we may as well follow up on the promise.... and not disappointment them.
- oh hell... all of the above.

Frank

ps: yes it was cold.

bweaver

I must admit that I wimped out yesterday after having to go out a number of times throughout the day.  I figured I had used up my luck for the day and didn't want to chance a further adventure. 

Here's proof there are some courageous soles in the club.   :-\

I am sorry I missed it.

sihinch

You hard-core folk!  Good for you, for going. I was way too wimpy.  ;)

I did do the radio set-up on the Space Shuttle last night!  :D

Was there actually any building or just wings & beer?  ;D

Frank v B

Simon,

We discussed wings.... dry rubbed and spicy, we chipped some fish, Piker had dessert.  It was cold in the restaurant that's why the winter uniforms.  We had some good laughs and solved all the problems that currently exist in the world.

A fun evening of a different kind.

Bruce, I read your excuses.  Your month away from this weather has really softened your resolve.  We went out there to taunt winter and scare it away. Even Andy has had his fill of winter. He can't get used to this kind of shovelling. 8) 8)

Frank

piker

And Franks little, red, hot rod (the plane, not his new car) joined us in the restaurant as well as Alex's No2.  And Frank showed off a Model Airplane News from 1935.  Very interesting!

Vadem and Greg offered lots of aircraft googling with their phones, and I TRIED to resist all of Greg's talk about great, used, and partly built airplane deals he's been coming across in his travels.  We discussed all sorts of cool airplane stuff.  Even float flying   ;D

Gregor77

I was in shock how much Simon did on his "Shuttle" warwing project... looking good!