E F 1 Racing at the US NATS

Started by Polecat, July 15, 2019, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

I have got great news from the US NATS, our EF 1 boys  from Brantford all place very well,  Cory Paine was tied for 2nd place, there was a fly off for 2nd., 3rd., and 4th. Cory finished 2nd in the fly off which gave him 3rd place. Dave Ford fished first in the standard class and Rick Paine finished 13  in the Expert class.
Congrates to all.
Hope to see all the Temac EF 1 guys at our fall races.

Ken Fluney.

Frank v B

Great results and great to see them do so well.  The TEMAC boys hereby take full credit for helping to get them in race condition.

Two ways to look at this:

1) They are scared of the TEMAC Boys and are using the US races as a tune-up race for our next meeting,; or,
2) We pushed them so hard that the US races were a cakewalk for them.

Wishful thinking.

All kidding aside, great results for great racers.  You did us proud.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

cpaine

Thanks Ken thanks Frank!
Yes the US Nats is great "practice", so we stay ahead of the temac boys in Orangeville!
It was a great trip and all the hard work, building, practicing to even soldering up new packs at the field, payed off. This might as well be a win for me! 3rd place overall in Expert!
It was no cake walk... I won my first 3 heats and got to slow on landing and put in my primary Toni. So I had to go to my back up Estrellita! In my next race, I got into a mid-air on the first lap survived (he didn't) and got a second. Then a couple more first. So now tied for second overall, and we go into a fly off. I got beat on the first turn, and let the other two fight it out, one guy cut so I get second in the race. 3rd overall. So FUN!
Dave got second in the standard class, and brought all his baby's home. Dad finished 13th overall and had an incident in another class.

Truthfully, Ken F deserves some credit, he got me back into Pylon Racing with the EF1s, putting on the orangeville races, and getting TEMAC guys to give it a try (and doing quiet good!!) Glad to be back racing again and representing Canada!

Cory
maac #26951

sihinch

Congrats Guys!

So now we have at least 3 of you to beat at the next race (for bragging rights. Just imagine, if we beat Cory, we are 1) expert class and 2) at least 2nd best in the US!)  ;D ;D ;D ;D