Apollo 11 - Pilot's meeting

Started by bfeist, March 04, 2019, 09:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Hi everyone,
Long time, no see. Michael has asked me to give an update presentation about my Apollo history work at the next pilot's meeting (March 13th). My latest work has been on Apollo 11, and includes helping out for the past two years on a film that has just hit theatres--so if you want to do a little homework before the presentation, go see Apollo 11 in IMAX this week. It's playing at the Yonge and Dundas IMAX theatre, and the Oakville Winston Churchill IMAX theatre until Thursday. I believe it will be in regular theatres across Canada starting Friday (but don't have confirmation on that). https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/apollo-11

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meeting.

Ben

Michael

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it ....

... I asked Ben to give an update presentation on his Apollo history work.  ;D

Make sure to come to the next Pilot's meeting; Wednesday March 13. same place (Colonel Mustards, Highway 7 Markham); same time (supper 5 to 7:30; meeting at 7:30)!
Michael

Frank v B

Amazing to have Ben back for an update.  The problem with Ben is that he is the ultimate understatement.  We have to do all the bragging for him.

You cannot miss this meeting.  You will be amazed what he has been able to do with his computer talents.  A whole new perspective on the space program.

Can't wait. ;D ;D  Thanks for setting it up Michael.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I'm so excited about this update. Thanks so much Ben.  :D

Les & I are going to try and see the movie on Thursday. Killer reviews!

Frank v B

For those who do not know the background:

Two years ago Ben computerized the entire Apollo 17 mission.  All the photos, all the voice tapes and all the happenings from T minus 1 minute before the launch to the landing back on earth in real time.  This was a labour of love .  Ben realized that Nasa never did the post trip summary because it was the last trip to the moon.  Eventually Nasa gave Ben access to all information and equipment to complete his project.  It is now the world's most authoritative history of the Apollo 17 mission.  Check the project page http://apollo17.org

If you want to know which of the astronauts farted on the 3rd day, Ben's program will be able to answer it. ;)

He has now been asked to do Apollo 11.  BTW.  Nasa hired his talents this time.

The photo below is Ben with Gene Cernan, the commander of the Apollo 17 mission.

Ben is also one of the two Kilowatt Brothers.  His two electric gliders are running at about 2 kilowatts each....120 amps... because he can.  The other Kilowatt Brother is Ed McMahon who moved to Ottawa.

You have to see Ben's presentation.  As simple as that.  It is waaaayyyy cool. 8) 8) ... and he is from TEMAC!

Frank

bfeist

Haha. Thanks Frank. I owe you a pint.

sihinch

Well I've just seen the movie and it was stupendous! Wow!

Congratulations Ben!

bfeist

Good stuff! I watched it with my father today at TIFF Lightbox. Very special moment.

Frank v B

What an amazing presentation.  Adding analysis to information and converting it to a useful form is going to revolutionize NASA. 
Wear your Canadian flag proudly down south.

Frank

ps: I would have published lots of incriminating photos but I think I left my camera behind in the meeting room.  Anyone pick it up?  Black hard case with neck strap.  The old school digital camera is bright red.

Michael

Fantastic meeting and presentation!

Thanks, Ben!

Michael