Chris Fernando - TEMAC 326

Started by SeeFernando, March 16, 2019, 10:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeeFernando

Sup Y'all!

I'm so excited to hang out with you kids at TEMAC!  I think I need to pay the piper for 2019... ::)

I've always loved flight! One of my earliest memories is playing with a die cast 747, which "flew" many times, followed by my mother yelling at me for throwing toys across the living room... I was always reading books about jets and flight and model magazines! I'd spend hours in the library dreaming about being a pilot.

I didn't have access to true hobby parts or planes while growing up, so I started trying to build my own model fixed wing and helis, with house hold items (read as the family VCR and printer for motors and gears... :-X)  While these never truly flew I loved the hobby!

Then in 2008/9 I found the amazing site DealExtreme!  I bought my first fixed pitch heli to fly in the house!  Exciting!  It didn't work... The receiver didn't work.  Regardless over the year I bought many cheap heli's to fly (and wreck) in the basement, but I knew I wanted to fly fixed wing in the great outdoors!

Fast forward through University, starting my career and getting married, I bought my first fixed wing from ali express, a 10" 3ch 1s cub.  It was awesome! Till the winds picked up and I realised I should check out what the rules were around this hobby...

Then I found TEMAC!  I showed up to a pilots meeting and the next day I went to Pinnacle to buy my Apprentice!  In a short time Bruce and Team had me flying safely and with Wings!

While work always seems to get in the way, I really love the hobby and hope to log many hours on the variety of planes I've started collecting!

Cheers!
-Chris

octagon

Great story Chris. Look forward to flying with you this summer. Won't be long now!
What could possibly go wrong?