Flying this weekend ???

Started by Michael, April 05, 2019, 09:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The weather is supposed to be nice, with very light winds on Saturday, a bit windier but not too bad on Sunday.

I may go fly Saturday afternoon.

Has anybody been up to the field? Is it very wet? Can we drive in?
Michael

octagon

I will try to get out tomorrow but probably not till about 2 or so. Don't know about the driveway. Also meeting Frank to fly Sunday morning.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

Quote from: octagon on April 05, 2019, 02:12:51 PM
I will try to get out tomorrow but probably not till about 2 or so. Don't know about the driveway. Also meeting Frank to fly Sunday morning.
Good thinking Rob.  Now I know why you been paid the big bucks. 

It had become a dilemma for me up until your post.  (Saturday nicer weather, fly with Micheal?  Sunday, not as nice weather, fly with Frank?)   ???
Regardless, it will be fun, fantastic, glorious...

octagon

Hey Bruce. Only paid the big bucks till April 30th. After that I will start resharpening  my exacto blades instead of just getting new ones.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

I haven't bought a new blade since I've been retired. One or two sweeps and their as good as new.

:D

Michael

2-ish (maybe 2:30) sounds about right to me.
Michael

bweaver

Looks great for flying...  Batteries being charged.  See you out there.

GuyOReilly

I would like to go, but I need to be "checked out" by the Chief Flight Instructor.  Will he be there today (Saturday April 6)?
Thank you

bweaver

Yes, I will be there.  Bring you wings, TEMAC membership card and MAAC card.  See you there.

GuyOReilly

Michael

Packing my car; will be there soon.
Michael

Frank v B

I was there at 12:15 between business (dis)appointments.  Drove in.  It will be a perfect day.  Windstill and 12 C
Stefan showed up and jetted his way into spring.  Then got the phone call that my customer would be home shortly so I had to leave.

Tomorrow will be awesome.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

GuyOReilly

Enjoy this small video of a SE%-Triplane, a one of a kind model!
It sure flies nicely.
Thank you Mr. Weaver!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIWzAKWs70A

GuyOReilly

Plane all fixed-up, new prop plus a spare, new servo in the wing.
Ready for attempt # 2, whenever You are ready Bruce.

Michael

Cloudy grey sky but almost no wind and mild temperatures. I saw about 10 people there, and the flying was good. We had fun.

The driveway is partially wet, and the field is a bit soft and wet. The runway needs a bit of work, but is still very functional.

A few have flown in the past few weeks, but today felt like the first unofficial/official day of flying.

Rob successfully maidened his powerful Extra.
Michael