TEMAC's Get Ready To Fly Night

Started by bweaver, April 12, 2019, 11:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

April 24th - Col. Mustard's

PILOTS and STUDENTS Get Ready To Fly Night

Don't Miss It!

Put it on your calendar and be sure you are there.
[/u]

That's right, this is the last meeting night we have before the flying season takes off.

Regardless if you are a student or a pilot, bring out the plane(s) you wish to fly this season.

If you are a student, bring out your new or current plane or trainer and radio. During the evening get some help to get it ready to fly before student flight training sessions begin, rather than trying to do last minute adjustments at the field.  Student Night training sessions are short enough. Spend your time at the field flying.  Don't spend your time at the field trying to get your plane ready to fly.

I can't believe @Frank v B , @Michael , @octagon, @piker , @sihinch , @battlestu , @Wingnutz , and myself have been the only people in TEMAC to try and put together some form of an airplane or two over the winter.

If this winter you have built a new plane, an ARF or repaired one or more of your planes, bring them out. 

Bring your planes to the meeting and helpful people will help you with it before you get to the field.  I know from personal experiences, a second set of eyes and some help from others can be a blessing.

Share your model aircraft build and repair accomplishments with other club members.  Don't be shy.

Consider it an opportunity to make your maiden flight a success.

octagon

]I can't believe @Frank v B , @Michael , @octagon, @piker , @sihinch , @battlestu , @Wingnutz , and myself have been the only people in TEMAC to try and put together some form of an airplane or two over the winter.[/i]

Bruce
You forgot Glenn N, and Greg H  and I think Vadim is working on something too.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

Rob, you are right but @battlestu is Greg H and I did miss @electroflyer ,  @AlexShao and @mawz .  Anyone else, I missed, I apologize.

I didn't see a recent post by Vadim though?

But that means there should be a lot more planes brought out.  ;D 

sihinch

Not sure I'll be able to bring all the new planes I have in my car!!!!   ;D ;)

Frank v B

Bruce, thanks for your initiative on this one.  I could learn something!!!!

Now all we need to do is bribe Oscar to come out as the transmitter expert.  He is the only member to have read the manual.  ;D

Vadim just got a V900 from E-Flite so count him in on a build this season.

Bring your problems and we will solve them..... or just help us confuse the hell out of Bruce. ;)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

VadimKirillov

I'm very far behind on all the posts.  But it's true I have started building piper cub 30".  and I've got V900.  Im a little intimidated by master builders' post on construction. But I challenge anyone at crashing (short landing) an airplane. 

bweaver

RE Vadim's comment: "I'm a little intimidated by master builders' post on construction."

NOTE TO @VadimKirillov and other TEMAC Members:  Don't be intimidated by the 'master builders'. 

As you can see, from my forum posts, obviously I don't fall into the category of builder you referred to. However, I find it personally therapeutic to share my building, repair and aircraft modifications with others on the forum.  I look forward to receiving feedback (useful or not) from my friends and @Frank v B .  That way I know I am not alone.  (At least I'm not ignored.)

Besides, it's not a competition; it's a hobby.  A fun one at that, with a great group of people to enjoy and share it with.

THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE IS, COME OUT TO THE 'GET READY TO FLY NIGHT', MEET WITH THE MASTERS, THE MEDIOCRES AND ME. 

It will be a fun and fruitful evening.

piker

Great idea, Bruce.  You're so right.  Better to look the planes over beforehand rather than at the field when you want to fly and learn.

I'll be there and I'm looking forward to it!!!!

Robert

piker

As mentioned in the Tickler, bring transmitters, but also power batteries.  Checking control movement will be an important part of the flight ready check, and receiver power will be necessary to do this.

It would also be helpful to power up the motors as part of a full check but I wonder if the noise would be too much under the restaurant.

bweaver

Thanks Rob.  All recommendations/suggestions are more that welcome. 

Rob, you picked up on the purpose of this meeting really quickly.  Much appreciated.

sihinch

May not be able to make this meeting this week (boo) but here's my latest Canadian aircraft being prepared for 2019.

70mm Freewing F-104 Starfighter (6S)

Frank v B

Oscar,

There will be reports of UFO's at Rogo Field when people drive along going home from parties. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

After intense negotiations*, Mr. Robert Pike has agreed to quarterback a quick talk on

The Care and charging of Lipo Batteries

Here is a chance to ask questions and dispel myths.  All other experienced members can weigh in with their opinions to totally confuse us. ;D

Frank

* He was asked.  He agreed.  Simple as that!

piker

Hey guys,

I'm sorry but I won't be able to make it to the meeting after all.  One of out cars ended up stranded at Halibut House on the weekend and is now in the shop.  My truck blew transmissions lines this morning on my way to work so now it's in the shop too.  Tomorrow I'll be car sharing with my wife, so will not be able to make it to the meeting at a reasonable time.

Have fun guys.  I hope to see everyone at the field shortly... unfortunately I can't make the field clean-up either as we have a family thing in Kingston this weekend.

Robert