Last flying sessions- 2019

Started by Frank v B, April 12, 2019, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Just talked to Alex Coutu of Ryerson.  They want to get in two more flights to test all their systems.
April 27, April 28 and April 30 are the dates we are aiming for.  The 3 dates are in case one day has bad weather.

The contest is on May 2.  We will support them to the best of our abilities.

I will post more details as the dates get closer.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Don't forget Frank that the weekend of 27th is the target date of the Spring field clean up! I guess they could help with that first!  ;D

Frank v B

Simon,

Already covered with Alex.  If the 27 th is selected we will do it in the afternoon.

The flying portions of the testing only take a total of 15 minutes over 2-3 flights.  I will manage the air traffic issues.... or I will call in our professional ATC ... Rob D. ;)

Frank

octagon

Roger that Frank. Over and over out, over.
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Frank v B

Just talked to Alex.  The last flying session will be this Tuesday April 30 at 11 am.  The contest is May 2.
Bruce has volunteered to be there and supervise my children*.  I will try my best to make it as well.

Frank

* Andy has decided that someone needs to be responsible so all Ryerson students are listed as "FvB's children".  If it makes Andy happy, it makes me happy.   ;)

Frank v B

We had the last Ryerson flying session today at the Field.  Thank you Bruce for taking over when I had to leave.
The University contest is Thursday in Alma* Quebec, in about the middle of the province.  Here's to wishing the team good luck.

Frank

* https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/alma